Patchs / version

They cannot (without breaking contracts), since the CDV version will have a different copy protection scheme (which infects the *.exe file).

In case it isn't obvious: I don't work for one of the companies involved, I just post conclusions from technical details given.

Originally posted by redwolf:

They cannot (without breaking contracts), since the CDV version will have a different copy protection scheme (which infects the *.exe file).

In case it isn't obvious: I don't work for one of the companies involved, I just post conclusions from technical details given.

SO, if redwolf is right, what is the position of BTS for patch and european customers ?

Originally posted by Arioch:

SO, if redwolf is right, what is the position of BTS for patch and european customers ?

From previous statements I figure that BTS/BFC in the US will have the tools to produce the patches for the CDV version. Respectivly CDV buys the copy protection, but hands it to BTS/BFC instead of applying it itself.

EDIT: disclaimer as above, just an observer.

[ July 12, 2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Which post are you refering to? I know only what Moon has said here again.

In one of the locked threads Steve said that CDV will use one of the hard copy protection mechanism I say are a slap in the face of the customer, and that BTS/BFC looked at it, but didn't like the price.

EDIT: Steve did not say they would have used it otherwise, apparently the idea was tossed out of the window in early stages before technical evaluation. I do not imply BTS neccessarily wants it.

[ July 12, 2002, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

...which infects the *.exe file...

Interesting choice of words...

Moon, I think the answer we're looking for is whether or not the patches will be available for all version at the same time?

In one of the locked threads Steve said that CDV will use one of the hard copy protection mechanism I say are a slap in the face of the customer, and that BTS/BFC looked at it, but didn't like the price.

EDIT: Steve did not say they would have used it otherwise, apparently the idea was tossed out of the window in early stages before technical evaluation. I do not imply BTS neccessarily wants it.

What I have heard is that the copy protection cause several problems with some CD/DVD drives - the CD is not recognized by the drive, so you can't install or play the game. I hope I'm wrong with this - it would be very annoying if not.

Originally posted by Visom:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

...which infects the *.exe file...

Interesting choice of words...

Moon, I think the answer we're looking for is whether or not the patches will be available for all version at the same time?</font>