Converting ASL Secenarios to CM

I have been lurking on this board for over a year and ordered CM near when it was first announced. I have the product, and it is great! Does anyone have suggestions on converting ASL scenarios to CM. I have the whole ASL collection and then some. Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to say that I too am interested in seeing the ASL scenarios converted. I've only got Beyond Valor, but I want to play the Yanks! and Paratrooper scenarios using CM. I hope that they are good (i.e. balanced)for PBEM play as well. Now, would somebody hurry up and post some good conversions please?

wink.gif

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

Guest Michael emrys

In addition to ASL scenarios, has anyone thought of converting Panzer Leader? They would require considerable rethinking as they are on a larger scale than either ASL or CM.

But they could provide some inspiration.

Michael

just an idea... Since SL had fixed maps and units changed to reflect battles....

If anyone just has the SL maps done, I'd be happy to have a SL/ ASL map download section on my site. That way people could just DL the already made maps and just add the units to them.

Good idea? worthwhile?

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Which scenario?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PP1 from the Provence Pack available on the ASL website. I'm just finishing up ASL16 (the briefings are all that is left to be done).

Lorak,

Good idea in theory, but it will fall apart in reality. Most ASL scenarios use more than one map, and the isn't a way to combine maps in CM.

Lorak,

On the other hand, it would be a good start point. You can add to an existing map. So, say a scenario calls for map 3 and 24, you could take a screen snapshot of 24, expand 3 and use the screen snapshot (printed out of course) to fill in 24.