CMBB/CMBO QUESTION

I have enjoyed the CMBO demo for sometime and I like the CMBB demo.

I've finally decided I'll have enough time to enjoy one of these games in the full version. I am tempted to get CMBB but frankly I want to play as an American.

For those of you who have both games (or either for that matter) is CMBO a good enough game to enjoy playing with American troops?

I won't get to play alot but I'm 57 and after 9/11 last year when I would play I'd want to work with the good ol' American GI's.

Thanks for your time

The Combat Mission Bundle Pack may be the way to go

I too would want to play as the Americans

and would not want to have to make a choice

between the two

but CMBB offers enough of an improvment over CMBO

that I feel it shouldnt be missed

>I'd want to work with the good ol' American GI's.<

A sentiment shared by many. Having played the CMBB demo, I felt strangely alienated from my troops, whether German or Russian. For whatever reason, the emotional, um, involvement, isn't there. Just tactics and carnage...not that that's a bad....well, anyway, my 2 cents! :D

Originally posted by skunkle:

For those of you who have both games (or either for that matter) is CMBO a good enough game to enjoy playing with American troops?

Sure. For two years that's all we had and we derived hundreds of hours of pleasure from it. No reason why you can't do the same. If you get tired playing the Americans, you can play Brits, Canadians, Poles, and French without having to join the "bad guys".

Besides, if you get CMBO first, you'll appreciate the improvements in CMBB more when you finally make the move over.

smile.gif

Michael

[ September 27, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]