I have rediscovered the joy of QBs against the AI. You can too!

A word of thanks to Nippy, for the thread below:

Nippy's Guide to fun and enjoyable quickbattles

In it, he shares some of his tested parameters for quick BALANCED QBs against the AI. An absolutely marvelous idea! Before that, I was getting a little fed up of pounding the AI, and I didn't have enough knowledge to go about making a fairer match (to me, adding experience bonus or troops is the "easy" way out, but not what I was looking for).

Thanks to Nippy's rules, I've played countless "prepackaged games", each different, but each with similiar premises. If you don't play well the AI will give you a very hard time. Moreover, through repetition you learn things which you wouldn't otherwise, like how to handle 50mm PzIII against pesky AT guns (the joys of 50mm mortars with HQ spotting!), how to set up a killer defensive perimeter in bad weather (heellooo mr. flamethrower!), etc. It has made a big difference in my QB playing, and I recommend you read the thread above!

Now a plea to Nippy, or to you others out there. Following the example/format in his thread, can you share with us some new scenarios? I think I'm ready to graduate to other learning situations. This is like CM school, with little problems doled out a step at a time until you learn to manage them:)

Cheers,

Martin