Players who only play PBEMs, QBs, scenarios, etc.

Guest ckoharik

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dalem:

So I guess I'm the only big QB fan? I probably do about 4 vs the AI aweek, average.

-dale<hr></blockquote>

Not really. I average about three QB games a week simply due to the fact I haven't tried to find a PBEM oppoenent and since I moved I don't have have anyone to thrash me soundly via TCP/IP or hotseat.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

. . .

2. The possibility of reinforcements. Zero in QB's, bugged in TCP/IP (the AFV cloning phenomenon)

<hr></blockquote>

What bug? I have done alot of TCP with lots of AFV reinforcements and never seen them cloned.

WWB

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Does Rook=Hellcat? smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

It was in a real chess match, so it was Rook=Rook. I put both rooks on a side column, and borrowed the 'breakthrough' tank ideology in moving the rooks to my opponents back rank, in an effort to unnerve him, and threaten rear attacks vs. his hapless pawns.

In my pre-CM chess days, I probably might not have been so intent to move my rooks to his rear...I did it in a recent match more out of curiosity than anything.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wwb_99:

What bug? I have done alot of TCP with lots of AFV reinforcements and never seen them cloned.

WWB<hr></blockquote>

There is certainly an AFV cloning bug occuring on the road from Hersfeld. The last couple of turns it looked like the American version of the May Day parade.

You can't really HATE the computer AI in CM, although you CAN get very annoyed. Therefore, I play PBEM only most of the time to be sure the HATE factor is involved. I believe this attitude and play style accurately model real WWII feelings.

HATE certainly reflects my feelings toward my many PBEM opponents. Very, VERY satisfying. Also, to be truly effective, HATE must last a long time. A PBEM game easily runs two months. That's a LOT of HATE to savor. Sometimes, as with my last game with Dalem, my PBEM game runs SIX MONTHS! Unfortunately, "savor" is not the right word to express extended losing.

TCP/IP HATE is too short, and therfore NOT satisfying. Just like cigars and good whiskey, HATE deserves a lingering appreciation of its best qualities. TCP is kinda like premature HATE ejaculation. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that. Better some than none, eh?

Thus Speaketh the Law!

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Lawyer ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

words, words, words...<hr></blockquote>

Back into the muck with ye now. Maybe if you spent as much time devising winning strategies as you do cruising for action here in the Outerboards it wouldn't take you six months to go down to an ignominious defeat.