Post your scenario design/editor tips here

Guest Kinch

Guest Kinch

The first thing I did was fire up the editor.

Then started drawing the largest map available. The numbering system for elevations is a bit tedious, but you can get use to it. I am quickly learning to paint by numbers again. Anyway, in making the large map (it goes from elev. 1 to 19, east to west

small stream, two chateau, two small farming villages, main road transverses the map east west) I began to see several pyramids in preview. These elevation squares I missed.

Like a single 7 surrounded by 6's. It was hard/slow to find them. Throw a temporary burning building in the approx area go back to preview. This will help home in on the wayward square.

- Kevin

OK, I got a suggestion but not on maps. Be very careful on what you chose for artillery spotting.

I chose 14 spotter for grins; well lets just say that it is a bit overpowering. I'd recommend that one only be used if there are some VERY tough and/or large defenses to get through and then only one.

I will say that the explosions ....are awesome...especially if there just happens to be a vehicle in there...

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin

[This message has been edited by pathfinder1 (edited 06-25-2000).]

Ol' Pathy said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>OK, I got a suggestion but not on maps. Be very careful on what you chose for artillery spotting. I chose 14 spotter for grins; well lets just say that it is a bit overpowering. I'd recommend that one only be used if there are some VERY tough and/or large defenses to get through and then only one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember that each arty (as opposed to mortar) FO unit controls 1 battery of 4 guns. This is because arty never shoots less than 1 full battery at a target and most WW2 batteries, no matter who owned them, had 4 guns.

So if your research indicates the unit in question had the support of X # of batteries, then it should have X # of FO units.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Guest grunto

one thing i believe the manual suggests is going into elevation mode first. i find it easier though to design the roads first, then to make sure when putting in elevation (2nd after just the roads) to design the levels around the roads so the roads end up being nice and level or gently sloping. i've found that if i do elevation first, sometimes the roads don't look right if i do them with the rest of the terrain.

the goal is to go into elevation mode just once and only once for each scenario. =g=

so for me it's

1-roads

2-elevation

3-non-road terrain

parameters and units can come in either before or after all of the above.

oh and don't forget railroad tracks =g=

one thing i'm starting to wonder is whether my maps don't look more like western washington state (where i live) more than they look like western europe.

=g=

andy