Artillary Spotters are slow?

When I start a turn, the info on my arty spotter says 50 seconds till firing, for example.

At the start of the next turn, it'll say something like still 25 seconds to wait, and that's after a minute's elapsed time.

I don't understand.

Len

Originally posted by Len:

When I start a turn, the info on my arty spotter says 50 seconds till firing, for example.

At the start of the next turn, it'll say something like still 25 seconds to wait, and that's after a minute's elapsed time.

I don't understand.

Len

Thats probably because he doesn't have a LOS to the target. Unspotted artillery takes twice as long as spotted. His experience level also affects the time it takes. Green or conscript spotters usually takes at least two cofee brakes before the rounds begin to fall smile.gif

/Kristian

if the target is out of the los of the spotter, the time it takes for the battery to fire is actually double what it shows on the screen. you can speed up the count down by moving the spotter into los of the target...

Well. me either, but heres what I think it is. tongue.gif

Yuo give a new order and it takes time to target it that 50sec(at best) and the reaction time of that unit.

So it is 50+reactoin time(10 sec for veteran or so?)

And I think it's also little variable. 1st shells might come there after 50 seconds but they are just for seeing if they hit the area and then the spotter gives the corrected coordinates and real arty hits after that?

correct me if im wrong

Ah, Thanks - the LOS seems to be the answer in my case(s). I was under the misapprehension that this would only affect the accuracy.

Len

Note to self: RTFM - it's on page 106 :rolleyes:

[ July 07, 2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Len ]

It's more than LOS/No LOS.

A spotter not in command control often takes

TWICE as long as the stated time to fire.

If he is moving, the same is true.

Even in command control, a spotter often takes

up to 100% extra time to actual firing. The

key is to have those extra stars on the commander.

Even with a 2 star commander, I see a 50% drift in actual time to fire. Sometimes a -50% drift too smile.gif .