Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The ultimate embarrassment

Just when you think you are becoming a veteran...

After just two minutes of this QB V the AI my entire platoon of Nashorns was taken apart, the two remaining both have damaged guns.

By that deadly leviathan of a vehicle the Stuart!

I took out two, it took out all four.....unbelievable!

pubimage.asp?id_=1133573

Cutting comments but very true! ;)

My challenge was that this was a battle that was picked automatically and the map was only about 1000m so there was no question of sitting at the back and taking them out....they could hit me from the setup zone anyway.....

Still, I guess it shows how vulnerable Nashorns are, and what a plucky little tank the Stuart is.

Did tankers actually enjoy being in a Stuart? I know I'd be very scared....

he he he - yep - if you kill anything you're a hero, if you dont' then "Hey - I was only in a Stuart!"!!

But I reckon there're better vehicles for such heroism - let's start with a T-40 and work our way up!! :D

Originally posted by xerxes:

Being in a Stuart would be a good deal. Just think, if there's a Panther or a Tiger, you say, "no can do no how. Send someone with a big gun. I'll stay over here and watch for Nashes and HTs."

Great scheme, if only you can swing an appointment in an army where you only obey the orders you like the sound of.

"These light Honeys with their two-pounder 37-millimetre guns, the ugly box-shaped turrets, their little waving pennants, had never seen the battle before. They had come straight from the steel mills of America to the desert, and now for the first time we were going to see if they were good or bad or just more tanks.

"Gatehouse, with his heavy head, his big hooked nose, and his deep-set eyes, sat on his tank watching the battle, estimating the strength of the enemy, the position of the sun, the slope of the ground. Then he lifted up his radio mouthpiece and gave his order. At his command the Honeys did something that tanks don't do in the desert any more. Tbey charged. It was novel, reckless, unexpected, impetuous and terrific. They charged straight into the curtain of dust and fire that hid the German tanks and guns. They charged at speeds of nearly forty miles an hour and some of them came right out of the other side of the German lines. Then they turned and charged straight back again. They passed the German Mark IVs and Mark IIIs at a few hundred yards, near enough to see the white German crosses, near enough to see their shells hit and explode."

-- Alan Moorehead, "The Desert War" (abridged edition of "African Trilogy"), Hamish Hamilton, 1965.

All the best,

John.