Increasingly angry...

OK. This is as detailed and basic as I think I can make it.

1.) Download a RuleSet zip file to any directory you want on your hard drive (C:\Download\CMMOS for example). You do not need to extract this file, just download it.

2.) Start CMMOS.

3.) Switch to "Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin" from the list in the lower right hand corner.

4.) Click on the Configure button.

5.) From the configuration window, make sure you have the RuleSet tab selected.

6.) Click on the Add button. Now browse to the directory where you downloaded the RuleSet zip file to in step 1 and double-click on that file.

You should now have a RuleSet installed. Repeat steps 1 and 4 through 6 for each RuleSet.

Now to install a mod.

1.) Download a mod to any directory you want on your hard drive (C:\Download\CMMOS for example). You do not need to extract this file, just download it.

2.) Start CMMOS.

3.) Switch to "Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin" from the list in the lower right hand corner.

4.) Click on the Configure button.

5.) From the configuration window, make sure you have the Mods tab selected.

6.) Click on the Add button. Now browse to the directory where you downloaded the mod zip file to in step 1 and double-click on that file.

You should now have a mod installed. Repeat steps 1 and 4 through 6 for each mod you want to install.

Hope this helps.

Keith

[ November 18, 2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

1.) Download a RuleSet zip file to any directory you want on your hard drive (C:\Download\CMMOS for example). You do not need to extract this file, just download it...

Keith

Just to emphasize one very important point in Keith's excellent "E-Z Starting Out Guide" smile.gif

"...you do NOT need to extract this file, just download it..."

CMMOS does all this stuff for you guys.

I know you are used to having to unzip stuff and dump it somewhere with CM mods, but with CMMOS 4.0 you don't need to. No more unzipping and dumping of any rulesets or any mods. Download the rulesets and mods anywhere you like - your desktop, your My Documents folder, your old server across the room... it makes no difference. CMMOS does the unpacking for you (into the correct place and in the correct way) when you go to Configure/add.

- Old Dog