Uniform MOD Extravaganza! Big Pix Inside!

Originally posted by tecumseh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I'm positive that they're being downsampled. Juju was kind enough to take some screenshots of the using the beta version of this mod and there really is a difference. I think that any video card under 64 MB results in downsampling.

That is a shame...a pity one of our best modders can't see his own work properly. And a pity I can't appreciate it fully either on my 32MB card :(smile.gif

I am still interested to see what CMBB looks like on a good card...would you be able to post Juju's screenshots at 100% to compare and see what i'm missing?</font>

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Uh, I kinda misplaced those screenies. sort of an accident during a desktop cleaning frenzy, I'm afraid.

OK, thanks anyway. I have CM running on a 733 G4 w/GF2MX and a 350 G4 w/rage pro, and i just compared screenshots from them both and there is a big difference in image quality. A lot more textures on the rage pro are blurred (buildings, fences etc). I guess that's to be expected, but I don't think it was the same in CMBO...the game was slower on the slower machine, but looked the same.

Anyway, on my faster computer the sleeves, helmet, face and guns are hi-res but the torso is blurred. Doh!

Originally posted by tecumseh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Uh, I kinda misplaced those screenies. sort of an accident during a desktop cleaning frenzy, I'm afraid.

Anyway, on my faster computer the sleeves, helmet, face and guns are hi-res but the torso is blurred. Doh!</font>

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Bizarre! At home I'm working on a hot-rodded 8600 with a G3 400 and 32MB Radeon PCI card. I have CMBB hi-res modded to the gills, and it looks great and runs fine. CMBB... well, enough said about that. I can always renumber the bmps to work with CMBO and then check them out there!

It is a shame there is no option to run CMBB slow with no downsampling (my preference) or quick with some blurry textures. I even tried messing with the prefs file in a hex editor but no luck.

Anyway, Skelly just got a 128MB titanium GF4 and complained the textures were all blurry too. So who knows? Tonight I might start a thread with some screenshots, coz this is confusing.

Originally posted by n0kn0k:

I'll put antialyasing @ 4x and entoscopic filtering @ 8x smile.gif and 1600x1200 ofcourse smile.gif

If i don't wear glasses i get 4 x anti-aliasing for free ;)

Yeah, please do post screenshots!

[ October 29, 2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: tecumseh ]

Apparently I included an extra bmp in the 41 winter set. 59034.bmp is actually the Gebirgsjäger arm from the grey 42 winter that crept in there by mistake. Don't install it, especially if you are using the winter white option, as your mid-war mountain troops will look a little strange with one white and one grey arm!

-----------

Oh, and it's 59043.bmp. Mr. Dyslexic strikes again!

--Nice work,, has the 59043.bmp problem been fixed?

I just dowloaded both the '41 and '42 sets and its still in there. Throw it out then?

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Has anybody tried to do a "hands" mod? Like, add fingers?

Can it be done?

Im curious as well about this.

Also, what about modding the panzershreck? Is this possible? The light-yellow shreck tube looks very plain.</font>