QB oddity, bug or don't I just get it?

I've played a few quick battles now, and noticed that it often does not actually give the number of points set as the limit, unless every setting is random; this is probably just to balance it out, so no problem there.

But I've also noticed that sometimes it gives me extra points to buy troops, lets me buy them, and then doesn't actuallly give the troops to me. Recently I just made a meeting engagement QB with 600 point limit, which gave me 800+ points. I bought a couple of tanks, but actually only got one to deploy (PzIVF, Pz38, Hotchkiss (just to see what it looks like); only got the PzIV). Is this a bug, or is there something special I need to know about QB's?

[ November 03, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Engel ]

Originally posted by Quinxi:

I think its the casualties being taken out.

That would explain it, I thought the casualties included only individual men and not entire vehicles (a bit pointless to let you buy the vehicles if you don't actually get use them).

Originally posted by Engel:

That would explain it, I thought the casualties included only individual men and not entire vehicles (a bit pointless to let you buy the vehicles if you don't actually get use them).

The manual explains very clearly why you get more points when you set a casualty level. Also why you end up with less tanks than you might have purchased. Check it out.

Originally posted by Engel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Quinxi:

I think its the casualties being taken out.

That would explain it, I thought the casualties included only individual men and not entire vehicles (a bit pointless to let you buy the vehicles if you don't actually get use them).</font>