2 features this game is missing!

1:) Terrain elevation markers. Its sometimes difficult to really tell the elevuation of terrain without having to use the LOS feature for every single unit.

2:) I really wish WAR games would break out of this 2 player only mentality. I mean this would be awesome to play CM with 3 companys vs 3 other companys and have 6 players on a local LAN. Great team play!

Any ideas if these two features are a plan in motion for a patch or CMBB?

Thanks,

Originally posted by 007 Commander:

1:) Terrain elevation markers. Its sometimes difficult to really tell the elevuation of terrain without having to use the LOS feature for every single unit.

2:) I really wish WAR games would break out of this 2 player only mentality. I mean this would be awesome to play CM with 3 companys vs 3 other companys and have 6 players on a local LAN. Great team play!

Thanks,

1: Select the unit you want to judge LOS, lock the camera to him, and ho to level 1. You will see exactly what he will be able to see, and it will be a helluva lot more imersive than some gimpy elevation markers fudging up the beutiful vista. smile.gif

2: I gotta agree with you. More than 2 players would be really cool, but I dont think it would work very well for PBEM.

BTS knows about this request and had this to say:

Basically, the current engine of the game cannot handle more then 2 people. By cannot handle, I mean it was not programmed to do so. To re-prog it would mean rewriting a helluva lot of code, and would simply be impossible to do in a patch.

BTS has said thought that such a feature may become available in an engine rewrite further down the line.

Personally, I would love such a feature and would think anyone else would as well. Would make for some stunning realism in a heavy fog of war (even between teammates, just like in real life) TCP/IP game.

I don't hink that will do what you want, since CMBO doesn't handle the terrain blocks as blocks, but draws non-horizonal LOS-breaking lines.

In any case, you can have that in a mod but I think it won't do as you desire.

TacOps 4

I'll agree totally with #2, a multiplayer option in CM (the next engine) would be excellent. People run rumbles that have multiple players but it is akward and time consuming. Still a lot of fun though. Multi-player tcp/IP would solve the relative spotting issue to a large extent.

-marc