Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mac OS 10.3 Woes

cellx25

Hey all, sorry if this topic has been covered before. Well, my friend just bought CMBB for his Mac. He's got a Mac G4 with Panther. What happens is he'll start up the game, and load in and everything, start up a map, Load the 3D Graphics, everything appears fine, and then it freezes. He can't click on anything so he's forced to quit out. Is this a video related problem, OS 9 related problems, what's up? Please help, thanks.

-Ari

Is the Mac bootable into OS 9? CM will not work in OS9 classic running within Panther

Battlefront.com encourages you to review the product details and demos before making a purchase, because  ALL SALES ARE FINAL!

System Requirements

MINIMUM (PC/Mac):

Processor: PC: 500MHz Processor

Mac: G3

Operating System:

PC: 95/98/ME/XP/2000

Mac: OS 8.6 to 9.xx

CMBB Troubleshooting page

General Issues (Mac):

...Problem: I have OS-X installed and CMBB won't run.

Cause/Solution: CMBB does not support OS-X in either native or classic mode. In order to play you will need to setup your Mac to dual boot with a dedicated 9.x bootable partition and play the game from there.

[ February 29, 2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

so there should already be a OS9 system folder set up and everything? Or does he have to do something first. Also, how does he switch it back to boot through OSX? Also, can this end up rendering his computer unusable, I don't want him to risk something I don't know much about. But I'll tell him all this, thanks a lot!

P.S. I found this website

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=151705&sessionID=anonymous|11275501&kbhost=kbase.info.apple.com%3a80%2f

Is this the same thing you were talking about?

[ February 29, 2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: cellx25 ]

He should have a system 9 folder if he's managed to install and attempted to run CM.

To boot back into OSX all you need to is go to the control panels in OS 9 - start up disk - select OSX sytem - restart - voila encore.

The apple help docs will be a useful reference guide to getting the most out of the G4

Also, some of the G4 Mac models that can boot into multiple operating system will also bring up a special choice window if the "option" key is held down while starting the machine. One can then use the mouse to choose among installed operating systems. If holding the option key does nothing, then you will need to use the startup disk selection procedure noted above.

Don't worry. Booting into a different operating system will not mess up the computer.