Found a good use for flamethrowers

I was recently playing a game where I got a few flamethrowers, and I tried putting them on the offence, but they failed pretty badly at that, so I drew them back to a town. I decided to see if I could torch the building, so I targeted them. They shot away and it was immidetely set on fire, smoke coming off it. I didn't think this would do much, but I soon relised it blocked the LOS of some of their units, and let me move my tanks around a bit better. See, flamethrowers aren't completely usless tongue.gif;)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a battle a friend of mine played with a decimated (artillery)German Pio platoon and three flamethrowers protecting the flank in the defense of a town. Just outside the town wooded terrain. An enemy company made its way through the woods, trying to penetrate and attack from that direction. My friend sent out his flamethrowers and lit the entire woodline. The flamethrowers were killed, but enemy could no longer use this axis of advance and had to choose open ground instead... :eek: