Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How many military vehicle owners out there?

About a year ago, I read somewhere about a Soviet lend-lease Sherman tank that was found buried in a river bank in Chechoslovakia (sp?). I THINK it was the Danube, but I'm not sure. It was abandoned at the end of WWII, and the river had covered it up. It was found about 15 ft. underground, and about 5 feet in from the "current-Day" riverbank.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Aircraft count under the "Military vehicles" definition of this thread, but I have been fortunate enough to go on a flight in a B-17G Flying Fortress (and in every crew position except "Left Seat" and Ball Turret (as I was too big)).

I have also been on a flight in the world's only flyable B-29, and I have also been on flights in 2 different B-25s and a German Heinkel 111.

What Fun!!! :D

Originally posted by tools4fools:

CDIC,

Great bike! You won't be around Lijiang in December by coincidence? Would love to go on a ride in the sidecar!

Too bad Shanghai is to far from Hongkong as well!

Regards

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I have never been to Lijiang - if you can manage a trip to Shanghai i will reserve the sidecar for you ;)

Shanghai is a 2 hour flight from Hong Kong. Not too far considering the size of China. I travel to Hong Kong regularly - if you are going there let me know when.....a beer or two could be a possibility!

Cheers

Terry (CDIC)

Originally posted by wbs:

I don't know if Aircraft count under the "Military vehicles" definition of this thread, but I have been fortunate enough to go on a flight in a B-17G Flying Fortress (and in every crew position except "Left Seat" and Ball Turret (as I was too big)).

I have also been on a flight in the world's only flyable B-29, and I have also been on flights in 2 different B-25s and a German Heinkel 111.

What Fun!!! :D

Confederate Air Force / Ghost Squadron came through Washington DC about a year or two ago with the He 111 and B-17. Ride in the B-17 went for about $360 for an hour. Money well spent.

Well, my 1944 Jeep is currently undergoing completed restoration in my garage. Hopefully I'll have it ready for some gamey jeep recon by next summer smile.gif . With any luck I'll be able to slip the .30cal past SWMBO.

It is really not that expensive of a hobby to get into, as long as you stay away from armor.

Greg

1944 GPW 219619

MVPA #20501