Scenario Design, ? for BTS/Scen. Experts, How do I use the German Bonus

Hey all,

How do I know how much of a +/- bonus to set in the scenario editor for the Germans in order to balance the scenario? It is not readily apparent to me how one determines how big of a "bonus" might need to be given in a given situation.

Thanks,

Mike D

aka Mikester

Hi Mikester!

There is only one way to find out - lots of playtesting!

Please also note that the "bonus" can be negative, i.e. effectively giving the Allies a bonus - so it works both ways.

This is a great way to recreate 100% historical engagements without having to worry about play balance. The side receiving the bonus might have no chance to beat the opponent, but it still "wins" if it does better than the historical counterpart(s)...

Hey Moon,

Thanks for the info. Yeah I was aware of the +/- nature of the bonus. Right now I think the Germans need the plus part of it. I played the scen. against the computer and only came up with a minor victory (58-41) as the Germans. I held all victory locations (as I recall about 1200-1400 VP's total) and had exited about 75-80% of the elegible forces (in terms of unit costs) from the map before the end of the game. Given that, how much of a bonus should I give? +25? +50?, +XX??? Thanks.

Also, I'd like to know how exiting a unit that is worth 100 unit purchase points corresponds to holding a victory flag worth 100 VP's. In other words, in a game with both VP flags and units elegible to exit, EXACTLY how is the victory calculation made in order to come up with the 58-41 score that I got above for example?

Mike D

aka Mikester