Testers Needed - CE Homage

Chime in if you would like to test this. It is my first public scenario and has been in development for some time. As the name suggests, it is an adaptation of Chance Encounter with:

Larger Map

Longer Duration

North-South axis of play

Larger Forces (~3000pts)

Some terrain tweaks

In all, it should be nostaligc without being stale.

It is probably best balanced for Head to Head but should be amusing against the AI with the usual adjustments.

You're welcome to it, but you have to give feedback, especially bad feedback.

Originally posted by Slappy:

Chime in if you would like to test this. It is my first public scenario and has been in development for some time. As the name suggests, it is an adaptation of Chance Encounter with:

Larger Map

Longer Duration

North-South axis of play

Larger Forces (~3000pts)

Some terrain tweaks

In all, it should be nostaligc without being stale.

It is probably best balanced for Head to Head but should be amusing against the AI with the usual adjustments.

You're welcome to it, but you have to give feedback, especially bad feedback.

let me have a copy plz. been wanting to pbem a big scenario lately.

russellmz@hotmail.com

(just got my opponent lined up!)

[ August 12, 2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: russellmz ]

just did a setup and sent it out.

a nice looking map. looks good from high and low. with the mods i have and the weather and season, it looks really good on my screen. ground is ueven in a natural way. pretty sure i never played chance encounter before so i can't compare to the original. my opponent hasn't either so this should be fun.

a big plus in the scenario's favor: most units are grouped like with like. tanks with tanks, platoons organized in diamond formation with officers in back. very simple to do but saves an plenty of effort for the player. Me like!

On the way.

If you're playing head to head, I'll send a tournament saved version. Let me know if you want an openable.

As I said above, I don't claim it's perfect, and I would love feedback. Particularly, I think it may be too long at 55min. In two playtests v. the AI, things were more or less over in 45min, but humans may spend a lot more time sneaking around.