Upgrade time, I need some suggestions from all you tech heads.

I am wanting to get a new processor and mother board,if it needed. Luckily money is my favor right now, well with in reason.

So basicaly I would like to hear anyones suggestions on a good mother board and processor.

Right now I am leaning toward the PENT 4 2.2 GHz process. I have a Pent 3 667 MGHz proceesor. So if I get the Pent 4, I think it will fit in my motherboard but can anyone confirm this for me.

I still would like to hear other suggestions as well.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Shatter ]</p>

I'm not much for making purchase suggestions, so I'll leave that to others.

However a Pentium 4 will not fit on your current motherboard. You'll need a new motherboard for this and in fact you'll most likely need a new case too since most of the motherboards I familiar with for the Pentium 4 require some mount points on the case for the CPU heatsink clips. The power supply for Pentium 4's is also different in that there are two additional power connections other than the standard 20 pin ATX.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

I'm not much for making purchase suggestions, so I'll leave that to others.

However a Pentium 4 will not fit on your current motherboard. You'll need a new motherboard for this and in fact you'll most likely need a new case too since most of the motherboards I familiar with for the Pentium 4 require some mount points on the case for the CPU heatsink clips. The power supply for Pentium 4's is also different in that there are two additional power connections other than the standard 20 pin ATX.<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the heads up

I have decided against upgrading, and giving my old one to a friend & just getting a new PC.