Invincible MG bunker bug. (includes spoiler!)

handihoc

Spoiler Alert!!

Just played the first battle of the Santa Maria Infante op, as the US against AI. A great battle, except that one of the German wooden mg bunkers (the one on the left of the road, from US view), simply could not be killed.

I assaulted from flank and rear with two platoons of inf. It killed em'all (!!) and much of a third group approaching from the front. :mad:

Another bunker and a pillbox had surrendered easily when assaulted from behind.

This one was a black hole into which my men entered never to return. :(

Bit unrealistic, huh? It was firing its mg right up to the end.

By rights I won that battle, but battle two setup shows that bunker still intact.

What's occurrin' chaps? :confused:

[ December 22, 2003, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: philwil ]

I guess there's already a spoiler out there, so I'll add vs AI I left the bazookas behind in the first battle, and looped one platoon behind the MG bunker. One squad sat right behind that d**n bunker for half the first battle and never did kill it. I haven't started playing the second one, but it's still there in the setup. I'll set a bazooka around to take it out.

Neat campaign, so far.

I still think its a bug. I had three bazookas empty their weapons into that *******, as well as all the inf with grenades, bars etc. The Germs sat tight.

Unrealistic. The amount of ordnance that went in there, no one could have survived.

It's a great campaign, beautiful map, but that pb situation doesn't feel right.

Hmmm. I take it all back. redface.gif Well, most of it. With the benefit of advance intelligence I replayed the first battle, and this time I took out the bunkers - but lordy oh lordy! it was still helluva tough. Those little garden sheds can be bloody hard to get into!

But what a fabulous op! :D The map is absolutely stunning, and the problems the terrain presents for both sides, but particularly the attacker are immense. Feels like a really heroic advance by the US inf.

Thanks Moon. This is one of the best. :cool:

(And sorry all, I should've put a spoiler alert when I started this topic. I've done it now. Hope I didn't give away too much - in fact, the briefing gives a good idea of what's around the corner.)