No or very faint colored text

I cannot get readable text info in game, after trying all the fixes suggested on this site, including the workaround file replacement. I have WindowsXP and a Radeon HD2400 card (from Dell)that cannot have all anti-aliasing turned off - it only goes to 2x at it's lowest, and I've also turned off adaptive anti-aliasing. Does anyone have other suggestions?

So you already used the "Radeon Text Fix" replacement bitmaps and they did not work for your HD2400 ? That sounds a bit strange, but it is a possibility if ATI/AMD have tinkered around with the AA methods.

If the 'Text Fix' doesn't work for you and you're unable to disable the AA, then the only hope would be new drivers that allow for more AA adjustments or have AA that is compatible with the 'Text Fix' bitmaps. Are you sure that there is no "Application Controlled" setting for AA ?

Got new drivers for the card. Installed them, tried turning off AA - this time there was a 0 to 2x setting, also tried letting application decide, and then tried the workaround. Still no success! At least the game still plays OK on my old computer. Am thinking about getting a better Nvidia card in the near future.

If a setting/check-mark for "Application Controlled" exists, then this would work for the CMx1 games (CMBO, CMBB & CMAK). Since none of these games can directly control the AA settings of any cards, AA is effectively off when this setting is used in the videocard control panels.

However turning off AA often isn't enough for the Radeon drivers and that's where the Radeon Text Fix comes in. Using the bitmaps from this file (not the ones in the "Originals" folders though since they're exactly the same) typically has worked for previous Radeon users. There is the possibility that the 2x00 and 3x00 Radeons may not work with this 'text fix' workaround (since they may be doing something different), but I suspect that they should work with this fix.