Problem when loading 3ed Graphics...

Guest Rob/1

OK this is how its going down.

1. I can do evething but play secnarios.

2. I don't know why

3.This started happening just this week out of the blue...help

I have a Power Mac G3 193 MBs of RAM A ATI 128. Also when it dose load... all the explotion graphics are green. Like a tank fireing...the smoke around the gun when it fires is green. I can get some screens if needed.

Have you installed any new software or drivers lately ? It seems strange that something like this would happen out of the blue. Have you added any Mods lately ?

The problem you're seeing then is that you hang on the "Loading 3D Graphics" screen is up. You can still create scenarios and do previews of the terrain though ? I'd guess that some of your Resource files may have become corrupt. You may have to copy the resources off of the CD and reapply your Mods with the Mac Mod Manager.

What have you done ? Have you installed the resources from the CM CDROM instead of the ones that you may have mod'ed ?

I suggest (if you have the disk space) to install a new and separate installation of CM (rather than writing over your current installation). Then patch this with 1.12. If you're still having the problem, then something has gotten messed up with your drivers (as a first probability).

Are you able to see the "preview" 3D screen in the Scenario Designer ?

Originally posted by Rob/1:

It loads now but I still get the green image...now its also the tanks shadow as well.

But I will try that...

I will assume that you are not getting any color distortion except in the graphic mode. (A bad or loose cable connection can cause this)

Does this happen in other games that use graphics? If yes then 2 things I can think that might cause the problem are bad video drivers which could be fixed by re-installing them, or a bad video card. Re-seating the card in the PCI slot might fix a bad connection. Low chance that is the problem but at least it's cheap to fix.

3 things. A bad monitor sync(?)unlikely.