Slow hesitating scrolling

Guest Madmatt

I am not sure what ideas "andy" might have but are you seeing this in all maps or just really large ones?

What level of FSAA are you running on you GeForce?

Try turning off FSAA altogether and then scroll over a map and see if the hesitancy goes away. If it does then play with the various levels until you get a good compromise between performance and appearance.

If the FSAA makes no difference then try a full defrag on your harddrive just in case.

Madmatt

Thank you. Anti-Aliasing surely changes results.

The map I am testing is La Fiere.

My AA settings are at the default 2x2 method.

When I click the Force AA in apps it is worse ( with the hesitation ).

SO if I turn it off or lower it it is much better..

just 1 more question... is this a common thing ?

any suggestion for a better NVIDIA driver, I am using 6.47.

thanks again,

Derek.

FSAA is compute-intensive for the video card. The higher the level of FSAA the more data manipulation the video card has to perform on the screen image.

Newer drivers are only going to help so much. Madmatt typically recommends the latest "official" release from NVidia which is 6.31. You're version will probably work fine for now. The 7.xx series of Detonators are too buggy to be used in CM (or other DirectX games for that matter).