Request for help on scenario design for Degania A, May 20 1948

Hans

Ran this on the scenario forum for awhile but not bites!

Looking for a sketch or map of the layout of this Israeli Kibbutz that was attacked by the Syrian Army on May 20 1948.

I have a good 1:50,000 of the area but need some help on the actual layout/organization of the Kibbutz

Thanks

Thanks Dune man

Ah you wouldn't happen to have access to that book? That volume is not one I will be able to find in this country (UAE)!

I have some good descriptions of the fight just need an idea of the layout.

Are there any Hebrew language materials about this fight on the web?

Thanks for your help

Hi Mark

I have tried that, most internet queries about Israel get blocked here. In particular these two sites below I cannot see. Could you be so kind to take a look at them and let me know if they have the type of map/diagram/ sketch a CM guy could use to build a scenario from?

Thanks

http://www.gemsinisrael.com/geshermap.html

http://www.jajz-ed.org.il/noar/sites/degania.htm

I do not know who this person is. Found his name on a site called "where are they now" Just people who had been on one Kibbutz or another and wanted to connect with old friends it would appear. His email is aowp32@dsl.pipex.com and his name is Niel Epstein his note was about looking for a few old chums from his days at Degenia (1983). He posted his email address on 2/4/2004. I cannot find a decent topographical map. It looks like you ran across the Gem site maps already. Good Luck...