Any news about Kyro's text problems?

Tabano

I've recently received a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500, so I'll be checking these issues out soon, but it will probably be several days before I have any suggestions (or simple confirmations of the problems).

There are some new drivers out (8.162) that are geared for DirectX 8.0/8.1. I don't know what their behavior is in CM, but players of other games have reported problems and slow performance in OpenGL games (WinXP). PowerVR is set to release another set of drivers in the near future, so some of these issues have already been addressed.

Here's some Hercules-supplied links to other sites supporting the Kyro:

http://us.hercules.com/support/readtechnote.php3?id=638

The latest 8.162 drivers are available here:

http://www.pvrdev.com/driver/index.htm

Again, these latest drivers may cause more problems than they solve, but if you're in the mood to do some driver tinkering with your computer they may be worth a try.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

• 2 weeks later...

I have Hercules 4500 Kyro II based graphics card and there is no noticable problems running CMB0 with Kyro II graphics card, just use right tweak values in windows register.

7.114 drivers are working fine too.

Make this file named:

CombatMission_kyro_fix.reg

and edit it with Notepad

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PowerVR\KYRO\Game Settings\D3D\Combat Mission.exe]

"DisableCopyBlt3D"="1"

"UISettingType0"="0"

"UIDummySSControl"="3"

"EnableSceneSS"="0"

"DisableXSS"="0"

"DisableYSS"="0"

"UIDummyZLSMode"="1"

"ZStore"="1"

"ZLoad"="1"

And don't use transparent textures, use shift-O (or something maybe I don't remember it correctly) to disable trasparent houses.