Percentage to hit/experience level table

NON

I've always been in doubt when selecting experience level for my tanks. You can "feel" the difference over time when it comes to morale, but I haven't really gotten any firm impression about how much a step up on experience improves gunnery skill. So I made a little map, placed 5 identical vehicles as close together as you can get them, assigned each a different experience level and placed some targets in the direction they were facing. The difference in distance between the tanks and their targets were always 1m or less (since the 5 tanks can't occupy the exact same spot).

I placed a Sherman, an M10 and a Chaffee at 1500, 750 and 300m respectively, all with front facing the german tanks, and noted the probabilities to hit:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">

Panther VG Late (dual magnification optics):

1500m 750m 300m

Elite 38% 62% 91%

Crack 30% 51% 83%

Veteran 25% 44% 77%

Regular 22% 39% 71%

Green 17% 32% 62%

% change in gunnery skill compared to level above

Crack 21% 18% 9%

Veteran 17% 14% 7%

Regular 12% 13% 8%

Green 23% 18% 13%</pre>

Interesting. I checked your results in a QB Editor and indeed there is a diffence in "to hit" probability between tanks with diffent skill levels. This fact contradicts what BTS was saying about the differencies in skill levels of armor vehicles. BTS stated that the only difference was a rate of fire (and a morale) but they emphasized that the gunnery skill does not chance with skill level. At least that was the case in CMBO. I wonder when this got changed...