Best battles for a newbie/PBEM?

Hi all,

Been playing CM on and off since CMBO and now my buddy is finally going to pickup CMAK. Can anyone recommend a few good battles for us to start with so it'll be challenging for me and easy for him without having to set any handicaps? I like to start him off slowly.

thanks,

phs

Hi all,

Been playing CM on and off since CMBO and now my buddy is finally going to pickup CMAK. Can anyone recommend a few good battles for us to start with so it'll be challenging for me and easy for him without having to set any handicaps? I like to start him off slowly.

thanks,

phs

Hi all,

thanks,

phs

This may sound odd, but instead of the CD scenarios you might want to start with BFC's twelve free downloadable scenarios that go with their CMAK Companion book.

Here's the link:

CMAK Companion Scenarios

They're mostly small scale and not overly ambitious - You' won't be compelled to control entire battallions through heavy snow. In my opinion these scenarios go back to the 'fun' we had playing the original CMBO game.

Try 'em out!

This may sound odd, but instead of the CD scenarios you might want to start with BFC's twelve free downloadable scenarios that go with their CMAK Companion book.

Here's the link:

CMAK Companion Scenarios

They're mostly small scale and not overly ambitious - You' won't be compelled to control entire battallions through heavy snow. In my opinion these scenarios go back to the 'fun' we had playing the original CMBO game.

Try 'em out!

Here's the link:

CMAK Companion Scenarios

Try 'em out!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Here's the link:

CMAK Companion Scenarios

Try 'em out!

Those look perfect! Even playing the AI it seems like some of those big maps just take forever. Not only does I start to get sloppy, but after a couple of days of playing on and off my wife wonders if I'll ever get a life smile.gif

Here's the link:

CMAK Companion Scenarios

Try 'em out!

Those look perfect! Even playing the AI it seems like some of those big maps just take forever. Not only does I start to get sloppy, but after a couple of days of playing on and off my wife wonders if I'll ever get a life smile.gif

Here's the link:

CMAK Companion Scenarios

Try 'em out!

Originally posted by RawRecruit:

If you want a really tight, tense battle that is not very big and not too long then try my favourite off the disc. It's called 'Knifefight at Cecina'.

Funny you should mention that one. I just played it against the AI a couple of days ago and it was amazing. One of those CM experiences you always long for. It was a close one and I'm sure a human player would've destroyed me. Always cool when you get that one tough/lucky Sherman in the right place to intercept Tigers at a 90 degree angle while they come rolling down the street. Fish in a barrel.

If you want a really tight, tense battle that is not very big and not too long then try my favourite off the disc. It's called 'Knifefight at Cecina'.

Funny you should mention that one. I just played it against the AI a couple of days ago and it was amazing. One of those CM experiences you always long for. It was a close one and I'm sure a human player would've destroyed me. Always cool when you get that one tough/lucky Sherman in the right place to intercept Tigers at a 90 degree angle while they come rolling down the street. Fish in a barrel.

Someone somewhere had constructed a 'graphic novel' (aka comic book) using screenshots of 'Knifefight at Cecina', complete with dialog, thought balloons, the whole thing. It was a hoot to read.

It was online somewhere. If I could only relocate that url...

Someone somewhere had constructed a 'graphic novel' (aka comic book) using screenshots of 'Knifefight at Cecina', complete with dialog, thought balloons, the whole thing. It was a hoot to read.

Originally posted by TheVulture:

Knifefight at Cecina

LOL! Nice to know that everyone's Sherman gets whacked by the first Tiger at that same juncture in the road. Thought I was just getting incredibly unlucky there.

I must say that CM does one hell of a job portraying armor the way it really happened (at least according to the accounts I've heard/read.) Multiple direct hits just bounce off big German armor, slow Tiger turrets, speedy little Shermans lighting up pretty easily, etc. Impressive little series of formulas.

Knifefight at Cecina

LOL! Nice to know that everyone's Sherman gets whacked by the first Tiger at that same juncture in the road. Thought I was just getting incredibly unlucky there.

I must say that CM does one hell of a job portraying armor the way it really happened (at least according to the accounts I've heard/read.) Multiple direct hits just bounce off big German armor, slow Tiger turrets, speedy little Shermans lighting up pretty easily, etc. Impressive little series of formulas.

Knifefight at Cecina