Possible bug in QB?

Hi,

I have been playing a QB on PBEM with a friend. I selected a small map, with Americans v. Germans, myself playing the American side. I had Combined Arms and he a Mechanized division. The battle had 300 points, setup as an allied attack.

I allowed the computer to chose both sides' troops.

This being an allied attack with 300 points, gives me 450 points. However, I received a regular ranger platoon, along with an M3 halftrack.

This amounts to 119 points, as I later checked when buying manually. My opponent is now in the midst (turn 19/20) of killing me thoroughly, and as far as I can see he has a Panzer IIC, a Kfz 7/11 flak vechicle, an unknown AT gun, and at least three squads of infantry (I have about 3 more sound contacts.

His troops surely mount to more than 119 points, and I should really have 450, not 119 points worth.

Is this a bug?, should I stop allowing the computer to purchase units? I quite like the computer picking the units as it allows me to think how to solve the "problem" with the units given instead of getting used to always using the same or similar setup.

Thanks,

Yair

I've noticed random wackiness with the random OOB generator. If the force is too out of balance, I simply back out of it, or hit Alt-A and just do another one. I can understand how it can be a prob in a PBEM, but you did decide to have the dice rolled for you! :D

Why just this morning I completed an advance of an entire company of engineers across 900m of the AI's chosen defensive force. An 800 pt lrg town assault to be sure (med map size). It consisted of copious quantities of mines, barbed wire, an over-abundance of wooden bunkers, and a platoon of conscripts cowering in the extreme SW corner. LOL That was fun!