The Machines of D-Day on now Hist Chan U.S. Time Warner Cable

They're interviewing the vets who stormed Pegasus bridge as I type this. This is a repeat of a program aired earlier today prior to a fascinating and often deeply disturbing Last Days of World War 2 marathon. The latter hasn't yet reached the Battle of Berlin, but the U.S. forces are across the Rhine.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ November 21, 2005, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

stoat,

Actually, I blew it. What's on now is Modern Marvels: The Machines of D-Day. Before that, though, came hours on end of The Last Days of World War 2. The interviews were superb, and there were tons of great footage, but the footage frequently was disastrously not right for the voiceover, extremely off even by abysmal History Channel standards. Even so, I got to see Jumbos, T-34 Calliopes, 3",4.2", 81mm, 120mm and 160mm mortars, T-34 tanks in a host of flavors, SU-76s, IS-2s, a bunch of MRLs firing, incredible strike footage (Bielefeld Grand Slam attack, Aarhus low level Mossie attack), Panthers, Tigers, JPz IVs, Hetzers, Stummels, 251/16s, etc. There was also a great deal of wrenching material (death camps, massive firebombings, prisoner massacres...) All in all, a lot to take in. Covered fighting in all theaters.

Regards,

John Kettler