Pissed off with the MOD installation poop

Originally posted by TANK ACE:

I d/l that CMMOS thing now I have to d/l another thing, how can Install the MODs manually?

A search using "CMMOS install manually" should answer your question...hint try the 2nd thread that comes up which features those 3 keywords - and it's not this one ;)

Hi! Did you read the CMMOS docs after you downloaded the program?

Here is the easy way I first ever used a mod( it's simple but proves I was not computer savy at the time..hell I'm still not).

Ok......Go to Combat Mission HQ....find a new tank skin...terrain mod...ect....download it.

After downloading a box will come up. Choose to download the mod into your CM folder.

After downloading quit CMHQ and go into your CM folder...look for the new BMP folders and just put them ( you can drag them..copy them..ect) into the original CM BMP folder. You may be asked if you want to change the original BMP and just click on yes. After all the new BMP's have been put into the original CM folder you have your new mod!

Note.....you are changing the original BMP's so back the old ones up if you find you are unhappy with any mods. ( That is why CMMOS is a great program)

Good Luck!

Originally posted by TANK ACE:

TY FINALLY SOME GOOD ADVICE AND YES I DID READ IT.

TANK ACHE

Some other friendly advice - Your caps lock seems to be stuck on, if you're unsure as to how to unlock it may I humbly suggest you RTFM. ;)

[ July 23, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Don't feel bad Tank Ace...I found the whole CMMOS thing confusing as well...and I am computer savvy ;) I don't even bother d/l the CMMOS mods because they never seem to install properly. If it was just 'unzip to here, press this button' I probably would, but it's far more complicated than that. Maybe it's improved since CMBO (I haven't tried it with CMBB yet).

[ July 27, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: aleader ]