Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

EAX?

Raze

CM is originally programmed on a Mac and then ported to the PC under DirectX. The "apple sound mod for 3D" shouldn't have anything to do with the PC. EAX can be programmed in for an application to support, but only those cards supporting Creative's EAX can benefit. I have no idea if Charles is going to consider supporting EAX in CM2 (other than some minor tweaks and TCP/IP don't expect anything further for CMBO).

I guess it would depend on how many people have Creative Lab's SB Live cards and how much hassle it would be to program the support for EAX (and still give similar benefits to non-Live card owners). If EAX is a simple addition that doesn't affect the rest of the sound code too considerably, then it may happen. If BTS has to pay a chunk of money for a Developer's Kit for it, then I wouldn't really count on it being supported.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I also have a SB Platinum card - it would be great to take advantage of EAX if possible - you can always select a generic EAX setting from your menu - i only got my new pc a month ago and have not tried any settings other than default, maybe i will try a few and let you know.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918