MasterGoodale's threat of Cherry Waffle: Cameo Edition

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Suetonius records that Varus nearly wrecked the empire, suffering one of Rome's heaviest and most disgraceful defeats. He lost 3 Legions, the XVII, XVIII, XIX (approx 15,000 men) along with the general staff and all the officers in ambush in the forests of Teutoburg, his forces strung out in a very weak posture. Additionally, the auxilliary forces attached to his command were lost. This represents a loss of over 10% of the legions available to Rome (3 of 27). Three Eagles lost. Augustus took the disaster so deeply to heart that he left his hair and beard untrimmed for months. Augustus was heard to proclaim often "Quinctilius Varus, give me back my legions"!

I saw an interesting program on this on the History channel (where else) and by excavating selected areas, they were able to chart what they thought was the final march and defeat of the legions.

Varus, who was headstrong and not the best tactician, led his men through dense forests where they were easily picked off and then got them into this boggy area between the forest and the river where they were unable to maneuver.

Big dummy.

Suetonius records that Varus nearly wrecked the empire, suffering one of Rome's heaviest and most disgraceful defeats. He lost 3 Legions, the XVII, XVIII, XIX (approx 15,000 men) along with the general staff and all the officers in ambush in the forests of Teutoburg, his forces strung out in a very weak posture. Additionally, the auxilliary forces attached to his command were lost. This represents a loss of over 10% of the legions available to Rome (3 of 27). Three Eagles lost. Augustus took the disaster so deeply to heart that he left his hair and beard untrimmed for months. Augustus was heard to proclaim often "Quinctilius Varus, give me back my legions"!

This sounds like an AAR of our battle, you gamey barbarian maggot! :mad: :mad: Uncanny prescience on my part to put that in my sig, though. :( ..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Momma always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, SHOVE SOME F***ING MOLTEN TNT DOWN THEIR THROATS" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Snarkhunt, you, me and a setup, lets go

Since you are going to lose, I give you the choice of scenario/setups.

The infamouse inferno perhaps?

Originally posted by no_one:

And now for my vengeance, Maggot .I am going to send one email(with a 1.4MB attachment)every 5 minutes until you either receive one,or they start bouncing.Hope you're still up.

>:)

Muahahahahaahaahahahahaahahahaha :mad: :mad:

:rolleyes:

You've got dialup, I've got DSL, who do you think is going to flinch first. tongue.gif :mad:

Bwahahahaha!!

PseudoSimonds sent me a photo of one of the prisoners I had taken but stupidly marched back to his side.

He still has his arms in the air and, looking at the armed troops around him says, "Don't look at me like I'm frickin' Frankenstein. Now give your buddy a hug." :D:D:D

Consider yourself challenged funny man.

CMAK or CMBB?

It's your funeral. :mad: :mad:

I think the correct term would be rematch.I'll send you an email once I finish my "rounds" :mad:

Suffer in suspense MAGGOT!!

Muahahahahaahahahaha >:)

Ps,

It will be CMBB,and you will be Russian,again.Go ahead and pick something out.Look for some newer stuff.If you know who I am,please dont say anything. ;)