Why not the Cheery Waffle Thread?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Axe, your Brens were doing better than my Italian MMGs at suppression :mad: Got any preferences for the next game? Wouldn't want to saddle ya with some set-up that does not interest you. If not, I'll just make up the game and hope you like it too.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Hang on Pseudosimonds — Sparky's on the way!!

sparky_lg.jpg

He helped out Snarker in my two victories over him in Inferno (BB and AK versions).

Banner_header.jpg

It would be extremely helpful if Sparky were to mount an 88 on the back of that firetruck.

I take great offense at that banner. A pox on your first-born, you ugly wart on a salamander's tongue!* BFC, ban or do sumfink!! :mad: :mad:

*<font size=1>10 points to the person who knows where this came from </font size=1>

<font size=6>Good afternoon, maggots!!</font size=6> :D:D

After considerable blundering around in the scenario editor, I am pleased to announce:

<font size=5>WELCOME to the second annual Beat Dave Like a Rented Mule (BDLRM) tournament.</font size=5>

The object of the tournament is to achieve the highest score as the Allied attacker. Given my tactical shortcomings, it is expected that every attacker will win a victory. Only one, however, will win the coveted BDLRM championship! Remember, your competition is not me so much as the other Allied players. :D:D

Following Jim Boy Boggs' suggestion of using a Quick Battle, I discovered that my briefing for the challengers was lost. Here instead is the briefing:

"Italy, May 1945. You are the commander of an Allied force which is rushing to the aid of a lost and cut-off recon column trapped in the foothills of the Alps. Your primary goal is to exit your command off the northern edge of the map. However, there is one victory location on a hill overlooking much of the battlefield. You may or may not want to divert some troops to take and hold this important geographic feature.

The Germans who have cut off the recon column to the north have had several hours to prepare for any attempt to break through. Their goal is to stop you or at least delay you in any way possible. Be prepared for just about anything.

You may choose any Allied force you wish, up to a total of 1,500 points. The weather is clear, so Allied air units are in play, if you wish. Your set-up areas are on the roads leading onto the map from the southeast and southwest.

The battlefield is 1,200 meters East-West and 1,600 meters North-South. The terrain is primarily farmland, with the first outcroppings of the mountains at the northern edge. Two narrow streams flowing south out of the mountains divide the map. There are several bridges and fords crossing the streams. A small village was recently shelled, and a few buildings are still burning.

Time is of the essence. You only have 25+ minutes to break through."

Any comments? Any takers? E-mail me at davehutchens@insightbb.com for a set-up. Operators are standing by. :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

<font size=5>WELCOME to the second annual Beat Dave Like a Rented Mule (BDLRM) tournament.</font size=5>

I welcome the chance to demonstrate my tactical mediocrity. :mad: Of course that doesn't mean that there won't be copious amounts of furious TNT-chucking!!! :mad: :mad: Email on the way!

*starts to board up windows and fill sandbags*

*looks over shoulder at lazy roustabouts*

C'mon you maggots. I'm afraid the GF may make it in here someday. Anyone know how to fire an MG-42? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think we'll put Keke on it and Smope can take the flamethrower.

Snarker will no doubt come up with some gamey defense.

:mad: Who else has a skill? :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

*starts to board up windows and fill sandbags*

*looks over shoulder at lazy roustabouts*

C'mon you maggots. I'm afraid the GF may make it in here someday. Anyone know how to fire an MG-42? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think we'll put Keke on it and Smope can take the flamethrower.

Snarker will no doubt come up with some gamey defense.

:mad: Who else has a skill? :mad:

Well, Kitty, Soddball, and mike_the_wino can all drink with the best of them. Does that help? What's this about the GF showing up in our hallowed halls? Did you hear the sounds of marching jackbooted thugs or something? :D

Axe, your set-up is on the way. I'm waiting to see who plays the "gamey" card first. Of course the BDLRM is gamey. Why else would I play? tongue.gif:D