Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Display.. Help Me!!

The proper forum for this question is the Tech Support Forum, though someone should be able to give you an answer or suggestion here too.

Which specific game do you have, CMBO, CMBB or CMAK ? Is it the CDV (retail) or BFC (internet) version ? Which version of Windows (I assume that this is a PC), which videocard and driver version do you have installed ?

If I understand you correctly you're saying that when you start CM it gives you the resolution selection screen and you make your selection (I assume possibly the first one ?). If you select/click OK, CM will start up which should initially show the Battlefront.com logo on CMBB & CMAK.

I assume that you're just seeing a black screen after selecting the resolution. When you hear the intro music (but still don't see anything) you then press the Enter key and you're then dumped out to the desktop with CM no longer running or is it minimized in the Task Bar ?

CM will have you select the resolution each time you start if a Preferences file isn't present. This file gets written out when you properly exit CM (which doesn't seem to be happening).

Pressing the Enter key shouldn't do anything on the first menu screen (unless somehow a button was selected). Instead I suggest pressing Alt-Tab to minimize CM. Hopefully this will bring you out to the desktop and CM will be minimized in the Task Bar. Re-maximize CM and see if the screen has refreshed and is no longer black. If this does work, then, depending on which videocard you have, a driver update may fix the issue.

The proper forum for this question is the Tech Support Forum, though someone should be able to give you an answer or suggestion here too.

Which specific game do you have, CMBO, CMBB or CMAK ? Is it the CDV (retail) or BFC (internet) version ? Which version of Windows (I assume that this is a PC), which videocard and driver version do you have installed ?

If I understand you correctly you're saying that when you start CM it gives you the resolution selection screen and you make your selection (I assume possibly the first one ?). If you select/click OK, CM will start up which should initially show the Battlefront.com logo on CMBB & CMAK.

I assume that you're just seeing a black screen after selecting the resolution. When you hear the intro music (but still don't see anything) you then press the Enter key and you're then dumped out to the desktop with CM no longer running or is it minimized in the Task Bar ?

CM will have you select the resolution each time you start if a Preferences file isn't present. This file gets written out when you properly exit CM (which doesn't seem to be happening).

Pressing the Enter key shouldn't do anything on the first menu screen (unless somehow a button was selected). Instead I suggest pressing Alt-Tab to minimize CM. Hopefully this will bring you out to the desktop and CM will be minimized in the Task Bar. Re-maximize CM and see if the screen has refreshed and is no longer black. If this does work, then, depending on which videocard you have, a driver update may fix the issue.

First you should include all your technical specifications with this post since no one will be able to even start answering the question w/o that info (e.g., Mac/PC, CPU/speed, RAM (type/qty), Videocard information (model, speed, RAM, AGP/PCI or on-board), OS, etc. etc.

Second you should post this on the Technical Support Forum (5th one listed of the CM specific forums if I recall).

Third, go to that forum and read through the posts and/or do a search. You might find the answers already ther somewhere (check the first topic on FAQs first)

Andrew

First you should include all your technical specifications with this post since no one will be able to even start answering the question w/o that info (e.g., Mac/PC, CPU/speed, RAM (type/qty), Videocard information (model, speed, RAM, AGP/PCI or on-board), OS, etc. etc.

Second you should post this on the Technical Support Forum (5th one listed of the CM specific forums if I recall).

Third, go to that forum and read through the posts and/or do a search. You might find the answers already ther somewhere (check the first topic on FAQs first)

Andrew