Get RobO's Quick Campaign for CMAK here

or rather here: www.roqc.cdgroup.org

Edit November 7th 2004: v1.12 is out - look below or at the ROQC site.

It's basically the same as 1.00e with a few error corrections, and a couple of options thrown in (so that you can increase the battle frequence and play with mor earmor if you prefer that). Oh yes, I also added some support for the newbies who are overwhelmed by the size of this. It ought to be simpler to get started now. And I added some suggestred campaigns, so the newbies have something to start from.

I'll update the CMBB version with these options, then take a break from this for a while. I'll do error corrections, but don't expect to do much in the way of feature additions for a while. It's pretty complete as it is anyway.

Have fun :D :cool:

[ November 07, 2004, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Robert Olesen ]

The spreadsheet for version 1.00 didn't allow you to start a campaign in East Africa until September 1940. This has been corrected in 1.01 (get it here: http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/CMAK.html)

The rules still show version 1.00 as they have not been changed.

The suggested campaign are not updated either, as they do not take place in East Africa.

The error mentioned above was rather serious, so here is v1.02. I took the opportunity to add a small adjustment to the difficulty die roll modifier.

You should be OK if you update after the current battle.

Changes from version 1.00

Error corrections:

- The date check in the Control Sheet didn't allow campaigns in East Africa to start before September 1940 (was fixed in 1.01)

- Use of the "S" Operational Order Table caused a VB script error

Changes:

- Enemy Force Handicap adjusted to make battles where you defend harder at higher difficulties.

Get it at the usual place: http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/CMAK.html

• 4 months later...

Yup, just reading through the rules to get familiar enough to start a campaign.

I remember when I was playing Panzer General II (my first wargame) and one of my favorite aspects was developing a core force throughout a campaign. I know it's not entirely historicaly accurate, but it really adds to the immersion factor.

Looking forward to starting up my first campaign soon! I'll let you know how it goes.

Fishra

Hello again,

Well I figured out the rules, its like you said. The first setup takes a while but after that everything makes sense. I'm pretty much doing the Deutches Afrika Korps campaign, but I chose PzKw IIIH's instead of G's. On my third battle right now.

Seems like some pretty interesting situations come up, for example, I had an Exploit battle with me as an Italian Mechanized division (plus my core units) against an infantry only British division in rural arid rock desert (early morning with fog so visibility was around 100m). Obviously not a hard battle, but it didn't take long and it was interesting to see how overpowering even crappy Italian tanks are against unsupported infantry.

Thanks again RobO, really enjoying this.

Fishra

• 4 weeks later...

I have a new beta version available with several good changes:

- Snipers added as separate unit category (SN, see 5.3.1) with separate experience rules so that they have a better chance of gaining experience.

- Returning casualties modified to take into account the number of flags you hold at the end of the battle.

- The ability to use Favor to modify the battle size has been changed into an ability to use Favor to get more support (which you buy in the editor, so it is on top of the QB purchase).

- Enemy Force Handicap increased for Meeting Engagements at Normal difficulty and above.

- Tree Coverage, Hills and Damage modifiers increased for Raids to give a higher chance of terrain with cover.

- Favor calculation for Raids changed to start with negative Favor, which is then offset by accomplishing the mission.

- You now get a small number of replacements as a minimum after each battle.

Tell me if you're interested in trying it out. Make sure to specify which version you want (CMBB or CMAK)

• 2 months later...

Version 1.10 is out.

There are a number of changes, summing up to a total effect that had me wondering if this should have been 2.0 instead of 1.1.

I highly recommend an update if you're using ROQC.

Get it at http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/

Here's the change list:

Snipers added as separate unit category (SN) with separate experience rules so that they have a better chance of gaining experience.

Returning casualties modified to take into account the number of flags you hold at the end of the battle.

The ability to use Favor to modify the battle size has been changed into an ability to use Favor to get more support (which you buy in the editor, so it is on top of the QB purchase).

Enemy Force Handicap increased for Meeting Engagements at Normal difficulty and above.

Damage modifier added for Raids to give a higher chance of terrain with cover.

Favor calculation for Raids changed to start with negative Favor, which is then offset by accomplishing the mission.

You now get a small number of replacements as a minimum after each battle.

You are now required to edit the ammo setting of exploiting units down to 20%.

Options to disable Raid and Retreat battles added.

You can use Pyewackets map converter to import an existing map instead of generating a random one. There is currently no help in ROQC for CMAK for finding a proper map, like there is in the CMBB version. Stay tuned for an update.

You can now issue a few commendations to those units that performed exceptionally well in your opinion, providing them with some extra experience points at the cost of a few favor points.

Experience gained form casualties/captured adjusted a bit.

Medal requirements increased ca. 10% to compensate for the two experience additions.

DAK - PzIIIH's is what I am doing right now as well Fishra.

I am Having lots of success lately, but I am starting to feel the Allied air force flex it's musle.

Got caught not having any AAA purchased (haven't needed it til now... D'oh!).

lucked out and only received one casualty from the air attacks after a mass scramble in open terrain. Hopefully no more to follow.

Question

Do I edit the favor to a certain max / min if above or below? Or just accept the Excel sheet's calculations?

I am going to re-read the rules on this to see if it makes sense to me, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Had to release version 1.11 for CMAK because I got a relatively serious bug report.

Changes from Version 1.10:

The “Always Fight with Own Division” option didn’t work in 1.10.

The British division type availability table corrected.

I have not had time to update the campaign examples. Get it at http://www.roqc.cdgroup.org/

Rob,

Since infantry attacks over open terrain in daylight are very easy to repulse in desert...and those were very rare in history just for thatreason...so I have a suggestion:

AI should get most of it's infantry-only attacks at night if the terrain is treeless and relatively flat.

Cheers,

M.S.