Geforce2 MX400 "shimmering/dithering" of trees

Hello there,

I have a Gigabyte GV-GF1280 (Geforce2 MX400) with 64MB video Ram, running in Windows 98SE.

The card works all OK @ 1024x768 resolutions, but there is an constant shimmering of the trees when the movie plays/replays.

According the NVmax utility I have "detonator compatible driver version 7.76." This shimmering gets very disconcerting after a while, with the grass also "coming alive" if CMBO are played after a while.

Any help? Should I upgrade my Detonator drivers, even though all my other programs/games works fine with this Graphics card.

Kind regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

---------------

Wine is the intellectual part of a meal, meats are the material part.

-- Alexander Dumas, French dramatist (1824 - 1895)

Make sure to enable FSAA; I think I use the medium setting; it gets rid of those sparkling pixles very well. It does introduce a slight bluring too, bit the overall effect is very good - almost cinematic I think.

With FSAA may come other problems, such as corrupt unit info and map labels text (especially when there is lots of smoke). The only "solution" I have found is to exit that scenario, load one that has an entirely different texture set (e.g winter if you were playing summer), and then load the orginal scenario again. That has always worked for me; nothing else has...