A Twenty Hour Day

Looking at CMAK I find that operations can be 20 battles with as many as 60 turns in each. Or twenty hours of combat. Why haven't some of you guys that like the longer games and are interested in the "real" feel of combat not modeled a day in combat for some unit?

Panther Commander

Judging by the casualties you can get in a mere 30 minutes battle (last battle I played, Petrarcholi Ridge, ended with the yanks routing all across the map, leaving 110 men behind, plus all of their tanks), I don't think such a battle would be that interesting. Unless you enjoy having a bunch of 2-3 men squads sniping at each other for 20 turns smile.gif

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Judging by the casualties you can get in a mere 30 minutes battle (last battle I played, Petrarcholi Ridge, ended with the yanks routing all across the map, leaving 110 men behind, plus all of their tanks), I don't think such a battle would be that interesting. Unless you enjoy having a bunch of 2-3 men squads sniping at each other for 20 turns smile.gif

I agree. BOTOH, I think that CM players would see why that sort of battle was not the norm in real combat. I think you would find that soon into your 20 hour day you would be out of troops and the war is going on while all of your troops are either going to the hospital or into a body bag.

The whole idea in combat is to not get shot up and entire attacks were called off if there were 3 tanks killed. The last scenario I played the Russians lost 28 tanks. Now, the Russians are a bit different in this excercise, I realize.

Panther Commander