Question for modders

Nidan1

While looking at Andrew's excellent SPW mod, a question crossed my mind. Not being a modder myself and also too lazy to look up a topic that has probably already been covered, I will ask....

Why are road wheels and bogies on tanks and haltracks round, but the front wheels on HTs and the wheels on other vehicles not?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

While looking at Andrew's excellent SPW mod, a question crossed my mind. Not being a modder myself and also too lazy to look up a topic that has probably already been covered, I will ask....

Why are road wheels and bogies on tanks and haltracks round, but the front wheels on HTs and the wheels on other vehicles not?

The front road wheel is a seperate 3D model; the tracks and wheels on the back are one single model; if you open the bmp folder and poke around, you'll see what I mean. Also note the front wheel is true 3D; the side suspension has no thickness, it is a 2D image...