What more a future CM could have...

I posted this in CM section of MZO Central.Plz visit that forum too.

The following are my suggestions.I welcome any thoughts on them.Even ridicule!

1.A CM game can have 2-4 human players playing on one map...

Like you could assign the infantry forces to player,and armour to one or both doing combine but on diff places of the map(teams of 2).

Or 2 could turn up as a reinforcement for each of the other player(kinda like tag-team)

I don't like free for alls.....i like teams.

2.I don't see any women soldiers....not even among partisans.There were a lots of women infantry in the soviet army.

A blonde with long hair as a Panzer Commander will be koooooooollll!

3.Are there any trains in the CM game? The Russians had some bad-ass armoured trains(a la in Goldeneye).We could have one with the guns of our liking.

4.Radio message now and then when u click a tank......to hear what the tank commanders are saying(only for vehicles with radio).....or just radio crackle now and then.We can set it off for more stealthiness...follow radio silence or something,but only before game starts.

Also,u should be able to hear the enemy's radio messages in bits....

5.Random historical heroes in game....guys who are celebrity killers....

6.Recon platoons equipped with dogs randomly(get increased LOS/range/stealth etc)

7.Photographers....actually unarmed one man photographhers accompanying squads.....after the game u get to see some screenshots (taken by the game itself randomly) on decisive moments from the photographers perspective.This ability should be made optional.

8.Actual cloud cover(made out only by their shadow on the map....increasing stealthiness randomly over the map,as the clouds move by...

9.Vehicles should encounter random mechanic failures...also this should be historical.Like the KT should be more prone to mechanical failures.

10.Mechanics squads to help repair vehicles with minor problems...

Also apart from the ABle/Causalty rating of each squad or unit,there should be one more on Injured.

Like if a tank has 5 fit men...after a partial panetration its reading s could be 3fit/1inj/1cas.

Wish to know everyone'e views.I noticed there is another thread dealing with ths topic.I am starting a new thread for more to read.

1. Yes, many would like this.

2. No, irrelevant

3. Trains would be interesting, but unlikely

4. No, also irrelevant

5. You can have this right now

6. Um, no...

7. You can take all the screenshots at level 1 you want right now.

8. No, it would affect nothing in daylight, LOS at night is already affected by good weather versus bad

9. Would be nice, though could unbalance a battle greatly if one side has bad luck. No big deal against the AI, but a big deal versus a human opponent (as an aside, KT was actually quite reliable, slow due to being underpowered, but after initial mechanical bugs worked out, getting off good roads and bogging was the main thing that kept them out of combat)

10. Repairs are out of the scale of the time frame of CM battles, and casualties represent just that: dead, severely wounded, moderately wounded and lightly wounded but unable to continue in combat. Additional categories serve nothing. Troops can either fight, or not, for purposes of a tactical battle.

Originally posted by Vortex:

The following are my suggestions.I welcome any thoughts on them.Even ridicule!

Okay! ;)

1.A CM game can have 2-4 human players playing on one map...
Why 2-4? Why not 256 players at the same time? Just think about it - we could have whole Corps fighting on the same map!

...but more seriously, I don't think it should be, unless technical limitations force so, be limited to anything less than 16. While it might not be used so often, at least the capacity would be there. Then also the commander in chief could just concentrate on doing that and nothing else. (Maybe there would be a FOW setting where the CinC would only see what the Captains see. Other players would only see what their units see, including only the friendly units they see.)

2.I don't see any women soldiers....
Well, you better not say that aloud while inspecting your troops. The dames may look tough, rough and bearded in CM, but so would your mama if she was a partisan.

Now, I hope infantry improves a lot both in modelling as well as in animations. Hopefully they'll also make it in a way that allows for "coloured" soldiers on one side (black, Mongolian, Indian etc.). However I doubt boob polygons are very high on the list, unfortunately.

3.Are there any trains in the CM game? The Russians had some bad-ass armoured trains(a la in Goldeneye).We could have one with the guns of our liking.
Maybe it's not really that usual to be included... remember, a train is not just another vehicle, it is a vehicle moving on tracks and consisting of linked cars that doesn't turn around. It could be done, but would it be as useful as spending that time on something else?

5.Random historical heroes in game....guys who are celebrity killers....
You mean like Clark Gable? :confused: Or someone who killed Clark Gable?? :eek:

6.Recon platoons equipped with dogs randomly(get increased LOS/range/stealth etc)
Maybe if the next game is a long-distance recon patrol game instead of what it currently is. Otherwise that would be kind of pointless, like having field brothels or something.

7.Photographers....
Aww, just take your own bloody screenshots man!

8.Actual cloud cover(made out only by their shadow on the map....increasing stealthiness randomly over the map,as the clouds move by...
Hmm... maybe rather having a "partial overcast" weather type where each turn there is a chance of more or less sun light getting through, the changeability depending on wind strength. And other changing weather types too, like rain that comes and goes and morning fog that slowly disappears.

9.Vehicles should encounter random mechanic failures...also this should be historical.Like the KT should be more prone to mechanical failures.
Mechanical failures would most often prevent a vehicle from joining a battle because it was in repairs or broke during the approach march, not during a battle where distances moved are short.

Also apart from the ABle/Causalty rating of each squad or unit,there should be one more on Injured.
Casualties currently includes both dead and wounded. I suppose non-incapacitating wounds could also be accounted for. Also the unfortunate cases of shellshock-inflicted diarrhea. Madmatt could make a special sound effect for that, too.