CMAKdb

If you haven't been to the CMAKdb It has been updated to 1.03 except for the Aussie armour (I am confident this will be added soon).

Dandelion has posted information on some of the units that read like history books. I don't know much about anything but I find these well worth reading. Thanks Dandelion.

The are more unit pics, a forum, and some new features. A great resource for planning scenarios or finding the date and place for that one unit that escapes an editor search.

Thanks to Chris for his excel charts, Folke for the website, and to all who has contributed to make it better.

Thank you J2D. I am currently restructuring the texts to work better with Folkes design (one-stop-read, thus basically dropping all references to additional posts in the texts).

Also, I am adding the category texts for the German army, explaining the frame of service, discipline, categories of personnel etc. Actually quite far from the game, in terms of need-to-know at least, it still might be interesting to the contextaully curious like you smile.gif

As I do this, I am deleting older texts, eventually replacing them all.

Cheerio

Dandelion

Yay, I've now also finished the Brit light tanks and close support tanks. Just the medium tanks to go. Hmm, just how many exciting ways to describe 10 models of Sherman are there. Ah well it won't stop me, excitement hasn't been an outstanding feature of my unit waffles anyway.

Dandelion, I'm amazed by the amount of historical detail you get into your comments, it's brilliant stuff. It certainly makes my gameplay only guff seem lightweight.

No on the contrary Pheasant Plucker your posts are needed to complete mine, to give the units a very to-the-point and useful game relevant input. People buying for QBs will not be looking for background information at that moment, they need to know how units actually work in the game.

So I have been waiting for you to complete the British tank series and start on the German units...

Actually I am pondering if the background texts could and should not be placed in some other manner - Folke has also suggested this - so as to not drown the shorter, game related comments very much needed. I'll ponder it some more and send Folke a suggestion on this.

Cheerio

Dandelion

It is working for me the way it is, IMO.

Anyone that has been following the recent threads on language and sanitation would enjoy going to the db and reading these notes.

BTW guys, I thought I knew a bit about WWII until I started playing CM. The games are as deep as you want them to be (I think?) As I started playing scenarios for other than USA, I realised I didn't know squat. These comments you are posting are really helping me to understand CM and WWII.

I am venturing into scenario design. The CMAKdb and all this information is an invaluable resource for me. I hope it makes all our scenarios better.

Thanks to all.

Now if someone could put together a JasonC How To

searchable db.....