Manual Campaigns

Bruce70

User-created manual "campaigns" were very popular in CM:BO and CMBB and I currently play a spreadsheet-based one of my own making for CM:BB. This is possible thanks primarily to the excellent QB generator, but it can be a little tedious to get battle results and so on.

So, are there any improvements in CM:AK in this regard? i.e. have there been any changes to the QB generator? and especially have there been any changes to the AAR (a detailed table of losses, kills etc, that could be printed or screen-dumped would be very nice)?

Also, have there been any changes to the operations system?

Now for a short rant smile.gif ... While I really enjoy the operations and single missions of CM:BO and CM:BB I feel that they are unrealistic because there is not enough incentive to preserve the life of your troops. I find it quite ironic that realism is the main reason why campaigns have not already been implemented. There are many ways to make a realistic campaign and I am still hopeful that we may see something in CM:X2 but until then I would be happy with any improvements to QBs and AARs.

Very funny.

You know very well what I am talking about... I hope :(

Just in case it was not meant to be a joke (unlikely on this forum, but you never know), I am after information on any changes (apart from consmetic - I had better be specific this time ;) ) to the Quick Battle system or to the battle results screen.

Originally posted by Bruce70:

Very funny.

You know very well what I am talking about... I hope :(

Just in case it was not meant to be a joke (unlikely on this forum, but you never know), I am after information on any changes (apart from consmetic - I had better be specific this time ;) ) to the Quick Battle system or to the battle results screen.

Well, I prefer campaigns... that's why I play/continue BCR in CMBB.

CMAK has no improvements on that or you would have read about it...

So I'm still considering whether to buy it or not.

Gruß

Joachim