Nabla system binaries and sources available

Hello gentlemen!

I have been absent from this community for quite a while. A lot has happened in my life, including the completion of my PhD and a change in workplace. Good for me, probably.

While visiting the board shortly today I noticed that the person running the newest ROW tournament did not have the binaries for the tournament scheduling and scoring system carrying my name. This is probably my fault, since I think that I was contacted about this in the past. However, I had completely forgotten the issue.

Now it is time to rectify my mistake. I have also decided to do a bit more in order to make sure that this never happens again: I will also provide the community with access to the source code of the system, so that basically anyone can compile the programs if needed.

From now on, the Nabla system is available from this page.

Enjoy the tournaments!

[ March 21, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Nabla ]

Nabla

Congratulations on your completing your doctorate and new job ....

I watched the gestation of the Nabla system through the forum and felt it was one of the most thoughtful and well discussed ideas on the forum.

All credit to you for allowing your baby to be kicked around, dissected and then put together as the complete package. I suppose thanks to all who contributed particularly to Treeburst 155.

So Finland strikes yet again - PBEMHelper and the Nabla. Whew!

If you are ever in the UK and need room and board give us a shout.

Thanks guys.

I have basically devoted my spare time now for my #1 favorite hobby, fly fishing, which is why I haven't even purchased CMAK. Yes, I know, shame on me, but spring is coming up and I can see all those small streams just waiting for me... smile.gif

But I know how addictive CM can be, so one never knows... In any case, if anyone has any questions about the tournament system or new ideas concerning it, feel free to contact me. You can find my email address on my homepage (which, in turn, is listed in my profile).

Enjoy the season (Aussies and Kiwis too)!

In fact, I'm so impressed with it - as we used in previous RoW tourneys - that I need your delivery address. White wine, red wine or both Nabla?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • John Kettler for his entertaining tourney AAR’s</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Nabla for his scheduling and scoring program for unbalanced tournament scenarios</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Originally posted by WineCape:

In fact, I'm so impressed with it - as we used in previous RoW tourneys - that I need your delivery address. White wine, red wine or both Nabla?

This is one mouth-watering gift! I definitely feel like my glass is 100% full and 0% empty at the moment. Thank you very much, WineCape. I will send you my home address via email.

As for the type of wine, I think that a combination of red and white would be the best option. I personally prefer white wine, but my wife is a real red wine fan.

BTW, Kingfish and I have just started a co-operation to make the system easier to use, so that future tournaments could benefit better from the work that has been done so far. I'll keep you up to date about these future developments.

And I'll promise not to do any programming while enjoying your gift.

Thanks again for the delicious surprise.

Good, it's settled then: Expect your wines to arrive soon. I'll forward the www.tnt.com 9-digit tracking number - to be filled in under the country "South Africa" - as soon as I received it.

BTW, it will be all Finnish duties taxes/duties pre-paid, i.e. you'll have to pay nada upon reception of the consignment.

If you "hook" up with KingFish, I'm afraid that the watery sport will side track you both soon!

Tight lines!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

Ah, yes, the taxes. Those little b**tards that have ofter interved when I have wanted to acquire more fly-fishing equipment...

I am not sure what wine taxation status is here at the moment. At one point I think that you did not have to pay taxes if you received wine as a gift. Then, of course, you had to be able to show that the wine you got was indeed a gift...

Looking forward to you package. smile.gif

Nabla,

Your www.tnt.com tracking number (after you've selected "South Africa" in country box) is as follows: 826225232

At the moment it might, for a few days possibly, spew out "Item not found." No, it's not me pulling your leg and sending you om a goose chase. It takes TNT International a couple of days before they scan the details into their website.

I suggest to keep tabs on your consignment once a day.

Regards,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

“I am simultaneously embarrassed and proud to state for the record that only two bottles of your fine South African wines remain in my wine rack. The rest gave their lives honorably in the service of the construction of CMAK over the past several months.” -- Charles Moylan, 28 Nov. 2003

WineCape,

I can see the trace already. These tracking systems are cool, methinks.

My wife is amazed of how it is possible that we are receiving a package from abroad and it is not related to fly-fishing. (Haven't told her yet what the package really contains.) ;)

WineCape,

My wife just called me and told that the package had arrived. She told me to send her thanks to you (she was very pleased with the surprise).

Yesterday we were having dinner with friends of the family in a local Italian restaurant. While choosing the white wine, the waitress recommended a certain brand to us. The bottle had a distinct, narrow label where the text was written in the vertical direction. We had never tasted that wine before - it was very good, but the waitress told us that it could not be bought by individuals from Finland (only from wholesale).

My wife just told me that one of the bottles you sent us is exactly that same brand of wine. What a coincidence! What makes it even weirder is that we very seldom buy whole bottles of wine in restaurant (usually just a glass or two).

Well, at least I can say right now that we like one of your wines very much. smile.gif