Lili Marlene CMAK Intro Music

Nice work Von Lucke,

I was going to do a Marlene Dietrich 'Lili Marlene' mod myself ... You've saved me a job. I two have mp3 German versions and did get an English version, but he quality wasnt too good.

I put it off whilst doing some background sound mods, very similar to the current ambient sounds in the game, but without the artillery. I prefer my explosions to be caused by me (or my opponent) :D

Lou

Nice work Von Lucke,

I was going to do a Marlene Dietrich 'Lili Marlene' mod myself ... You've saved me a job. I two have mp3 German versions and did get an English version, but he quality wasnt too good.

I put it off whilst doing some background sound mods, very similar to the current ambient sounds in the game, but without the artillery. I prefer my explosions to be caused by me (or my opponent) :D

Lou

Many thanks, von Lucke!! The full version is superb. Much, much better than the version on the Afrika Korps site.

I did notice one brief glitch at 2:24 playing time, however. Is it in the download file, or did I screw up the file conversion?

Pcelt, I use the free CDex file converter at http://www.cdex.n3.net/. Pay attention to where the final file goes by default. After converting, I found it in My Documents/My Music/MP3 folder. Then rename it 00005010.WAV and copy it to CMAK.

Many thanks, von Lucke!! The full version is superb. Much, much better than the version on the Afrika Korps site.

I did notice one brief glitch at 2:24 playing time, however. Is it in the download file, or did I screw up the file conversion?

Pcelt, I use the free CDex file converter at http://www.cdex.n3.net/. Pay attention to where the final file goes by default. After converting, I found it in My Documents/My Music/MP3 folder. Then rename it 00005010.WAV and copy it to CMAK.

Originally posted by dicegamer:

which has it as a 2.5Mb MP3 file, there's an orchestral bit and then the song in the middle section.

I'm attempting right now to upload a mod I just did of this version. Got hold of a music editor and took out the opening and closing orchestral pieces, so only the song is left. It's really a catchy little march version, after the concertina intro. It's still mp3, ~3.2 MB.

(This is my first attempt at uploading to CMMODS, and I seem to be stuck at the "Sending Request" stage. I may have to try again, later; keep on the lookout for LiliMarleneMarchMP3.zip.)

[ January 02, 2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: beady ]

Originally posted by dicegamer:

which has it as a 2.5Mb MP3 file, there's an orchestral bit and then the song in the middle section.

I'm attempting right now to upload a mod I just did of this version. Got hold of a music editor and took out the opening and closing orchestral pieces, so only the song is left. It's really a catchy little march version, after the concertina intro. It's still mp3, ~3.2 MB.

(This is my first attempt at uploading to CMMODS, and I seem to be stuck at the "Sending Request" stage. I may have to try again, later; keep on the lookout for LiliMarleneMarchMP3.zip.)

[ January 02, 2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: beady ]

My version of the Lili Marlene March is now up on CMMODS; so far, 17 folk have downloaded it. It works great as CMAK intro music, and is probably the second-best version of the tune (not the song) I've ever heard (the best, oddly, was the intro music for a C-64 game about the Bismark, a good 15 years ago).

My version of the Lili Marlene March is now up on CMMODS; so far, 17 folk have downloaded it. It works great as CMAK intro music, and is probably the second-best version of the tune (not the song) I've ever heard (the best, oddly, was the intro music for a C-64 game about the Bismark, a good 15 years ago).