A post AAR summary?

Having played CM for two years or so now and also reading how others have asked numerous times for some advice and info on a particular scenario or QB, I've thought of something that could be used in the new engine, or not as the case may be, but maybe worth consideration:-

After reading the AAR screen and feeling chuffed with your victory or miffed with your defeat, how about having the computer to give some advice and info on what you should/shouldn't have done, and explain what you could have done e.g. a left flanking manoeuvre in this instance would have saved you x amount of infantry/use more suppression when attacking buidings/a cover arc may have helped here/your tanks should have given more support to infantry with this type of attcking plan etc, etc.

I understand some players would not need/want such advice, but perhaps if the feature was toggable I can certainly see where it could be of great assistance to new and old if desired - just an idea anyway at the very least.

Nice idea, unfortunately virtually impossible to implement.

The kind of critical, subjective analysis you're talking about is probably beyond the capability of even the most advanced computer AIs built to date, and most CM players aren't booting up Deep Blue to play the game.

If Charles spent the next three years working solely on an AI program to analyze and offer player suggestion on the current engine games, he might be able to create something that offered somewhat useful advice. Maybe.

Otherwise, you're going to have to rely on other players to criticize your battle plans.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Nice idea, unfortunately virtually impossible to implement.

The kind of critical, subjective analysis you're talking about is probably beyond the capability of even the most advanced computer AIs built to date, and most CM players aren't booting up Deep Blue to play the game.

If Charles spent the next three years working solely on an AI program to analyze and offer player suggestion on the current engine games, he might be able to create something that offered somewhat useful advice. Maybe.

Otherwise, you're going to have to rely on other players to criticize your battle plans.

Cheers,

YD

Oh well, if you don't ask you'll never know I suppose, but thanks anyway.