Windows ME

Sounds like you're trying to play CM on a laptop. Which manufacturer and model do you have ? Do you know if your chipset is a VIA or ALI (you can tell by looking around in the Device Manager under the 'System Devices' listing) ?

The Cyberblade i1 is supposedly integrated with both a VIA chipset (desktops ?) and an ALI chipset (laptops ?). Finding drivers seems to be pretty hard however. VIA doesn't seem to list any on their site (other than S3 drivers - a graphics company that has become one of their subsidiaries) and ALI's driver seems to be 'buried' in some general driver for either the chipset or AGP. Everyone speaks of Linux support, but finding Windows drivers is even harder.

If your chipset is ALI here's one site with some v. 5.8070.75 Drivers (in the middle of the page in the WinME section).

The Cyberblade i1 is a video core integrated into the northbridge chipset. It utilizes UMA - a shared memory architecture which reserves part of your main memory to be used as video memory. Such chips make the systems less expensive, but it isn't as fast as most dedicated video memory and they tend to be especially poor performance designs for games. Your CMOS/BIOS setup may have a setting to reserve anywhere from 1 to 8Mb of RAM for the video. I'd suggest reserving 8Mb for CM's use.

Here's a driver for the Compaq EVO N150 it's a v. 6.50.5495-86.51 Driver (it may not work with non-Compaq systems though).

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]</p>