RISK + Combat Mission

murpes

I am truly impressed with the grassroots campaign-type games that various people have put together. I would be especially fond of a game that could embed a CM-like tactical simulator with higher order strategic or operational layer. In my opinion this would be taking a step closer to simulating the opportunity costs that commanders had to make at higher levels while allowing one to deal with these decisions at the tactical level.

Originally posted by jamesroe16:

Hawk, i guess that software costed money correct?

ADC2 costs about 45 US$ or so if I remeber correctly. The pictures shown are from scenarios that are sold by the companies that owns the original board games.

One of the ideas behind ADC2 is of course that you can make your own sets, either based on boardgames that you own, or from your imagination.

There are some free/shareware programs out there that has some of the functionality that ADC2 does, but I haven't tried any of those.