Ailing without CMAK, MasterGoodale and Cheery Threats

_Axe_

The second player to take up the BDLRM challenge was our own suave Teddy Windsor. He assaulted with two Guards 43 companies, one DP LMG, one FO (82 mm mortars), a T-34 M43 platoon, a KV-IS platoon, and an SU-122 platoon. Teddy won a major victory, and indeed the entire BDLRM by blasting away with his armor from the very first turn. His massed tanks quickly took out my tanks and the ineffective AT guns, while his assault guns almost leveled the factory. He then turned his armor loose to rampage against my infantry, while his own infantry followed up, picking off dazed survivors. He caused 79 casualties and captured 1 man, enough for a 75-25 victory. :mad:

Next: Mike/Stalin's Organ

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

Fellow maggots, I just finished a minor victory over Keke, and he was playing the FINNS!! I had to swarm his defense with a whole lot of Soviet infantry and armor, and the Finns killed about half of my men and machines, but I took and held the VLs. Keke, you put up a great fight by a really tough player. If it had been any of the rest of you maggots playing the Finns, I would have won a bigger victory. ;):D:D

Yeah, let Slave H choose a scenario, and he comes up with a battle where your infantry company and one light tank will meet 2 engineer coys, 1 infantry coy and 6 T-34s. Oh yeah, and the scenario has not been even designed for PBEM. :rolleyes: :mad:

Originally posted by Keke:

[excuses]Yeah, let Slave H choose a scenario, and he comes up with a battle where your infantry company and one light tank will meet 2 engineer coys, 1 infantry coy and 6 T-34s. Oh yeah, and the scenario has not been even designed for PBEM. [/excuses] :rolleyes: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

[excuses]Yeah, let Slave H choose a scenario, and he comes up with a battle where your infantry company and one light tank will meet 2 engineer coys, 1 infantry coy and 6 T-34s. Oh yeah, and the scenario has not been even designed for PBEM. [/excuses] :rolleyes: :mad:

</font>

Originally posted by Keke:

Having said that I could have achieved a very respectable draw, but my inner MasterGoodale demanded TNT-flinging counterattacks, which were futile, causing only extra casualties, and turned the result into a minor loss. :mad:

That is quite correct. Keke made several ill-advised (Goodale-esque, even) attempts to close with the Soviets in the last couple of minutes. My troops were then defending the two VLs, which were in a church and a pile of rubble. With three T-34s, three Maxims, plus the infantry defenders, his troops couldn't get close.

Keke, the scenario said the first choice was AI Allies versus the human Axis player, but it also said the second choice was two-player. ;) Put on plenty of sunscreen for the Sahara. :D

My third opponent in the BDLRM challenge was our favorite Kiwi, Mike. His assault forces included one Guards 43 company, two pioneer platoons, one tank hunter team, one 76.2 mm M27/39 gun, one FO (120 mm mortars), two FO (82 mm rockets) and three T-34 M43 platoons. Mike won a tactical victory, and the second-highest BDLRM score, by chucking TNT like there was no tomorrow. On the very first turn a rocket barrage landed, fortunately scattering all over the map. He sent in two groups of T-34s, one platoon which shelled the factory, the second group (of six tanks) held back in overwatch. After KOing my tanks, he covered my entire position with smoke and charged with his own armor. My AT guns and Marder, which I had kept hidden, fared miserably against his T-34s at close range. His tanks then fired a lot of cannister into my infantry. He caused 76 German casualties while only taking 19 (least of any attacker), enough for a 69-31 victory. :mad:

Next: GrumpyBear

Awe shucks guys...you'll make me blush....or maybe it's the 20 deg C and sunshine and the G&T's..??!! ;)

Anyway - <big><big>I GOT IT!!</big></big> - I didn't notice whether Axe got his yet or not, but I thought I'd mention his wait anyway and I'm now open for CMAK business.

Dave after that glowing write up you wanted a game when we had CMAK so now would be a good time!! :D

Good Monday Morning to each "soft-bodied legless grub that is the larva of a dipterous insect (as the housefly)" in Cheery Waffleville! Except for Mike, who's already to Wednesday or Thursday. :D

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

My third opponent in the BDLRM challenge was our favorite Kiwi, Mike.

He's our only Kiwi. :mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

I didn't notice whether Axe got his yet or not, but I thought I'd mention his wait anyway and I'm now open for CMAK business.

Thanks for not noticing you maggot. :mad:

Wish me luck at the mailbox tonight — eight hours to go.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

I didn't notice whether Axe got his yet or not, but I thought I'd mention his wait anyway and I'm now open for CMAK business.

Wish me luck at the mailbox tonight — eight hours to go. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Fourth up for the BDLRM challenge was GrumpyBear, whom I met on a "Who's the Worst Commander?" thread. His assault forces included two Guards 43 companies, three sharpshooters, two tank hunter teams, two BA-64 ACs, two T-34 M43 platoons, and one SU-122 platoon. I managed a tactical victory for the defense, in spite of having one gun-damaged Pz IV and one undamaged infantry squad leave the map. Maybe I should have tried more of that particular tactic. :D Anyway, GrumpyBear was forced to use his infantry more than most of the other players, because for a change my tanks and AT guns fought quite effectively. He caused 43 German casualties, but I inflicted 56 and destroyed 6 AFVs, enough for a 64-36 Axis victory. :D

Next: mike_the_wino

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker: