toggle for lighting/time of day?

Is there any switch for turning off the daylight effects? Lighting conditions are listed with weather in the manual, but the shift-W switch does not have any effect on the lighting.

I just started to play one of the included scenarios that was set at dusk, and had to quit partway through the Setup phase because I was having such a hard time seeing my units. I even increased size to +4, but their camo was just too good in that lighting, and it didn't help any that the scenario designer had designated brown (rather than the usual red or blue or other bright color) for my unit bases. I had to squint so much to see the units during setup, I knew I had a guaranteed headache coming if I tried to play it out.

So, any way to change the dusk lighting to daylight (or even dawn, I've played dawn scnarios and not had nearly this much trouble seeing)?

Lt. Badger