Pacific: The Lost Evidence (Guam) on 4p.m. PDT H Chan Time Warner n/t

junk2drive,

Had no idea the fighting on Guam was so incredibly ferocious. What I saw of the Pearl Harbor piece was interesting, but was also very old school in presenting the story. Saw the Guadalcanal program before and thought it was very good.

Hope you found the programs valuable!

Regards,

John Kettler

I found them to be a little Americentric.

Pearl has been done to death before but I still enjoy watching something new.

I learned a lot from the Guam and Guadalcanal episodes.

I didn't realise the sea battles that were going on at the time.

The 3D is great. I've seen lots of photos but they only give you a general idea.

junk2drive,

How could you call them Americentric just because, per the Pearl Harbor piece, we used Dauntlesses to attack Battleship Row? (grinds teeth in sheer frustration, seeing as how he wrote to the History Channel about that very problem years ago)

Am going to have to look up Finn, the Navy guy who won the MOH, sustaining 20 wounds in the process. I suspect that many of them were from bullet splash and the like, rather than bullets proper.

Regards,

John Kettler

I'm still trying to comprehend defending Henderson field along a four mile front with what they had.

I was on an elevator in December with an old guy wearing a cap with "Pearl Harbor Survivors Assn" on it. Trying to start a conversation I asked if he was a survivor. He said "I'm here, I must have." His wife swatted him. We all laughed and had a little bit of a chat.