Invisible Dust?!

Arty round drops 60 meters in front of a firing MG near the end of a movie. Next orders phase, no longer any LOS for MG to previous target. LOS is now obstructed at arty round impact area. No visible clue of new LOS obstruction other than the LOS tool. Do we now have to confirm LOS with LOS tool every time an arty round falls near some unit's LOS? If an arty round kicked up dust to block LOS, I wanna see at least a hint of the dust, especially if it blocks LOS as completely as a big smoke round. Whaaaaa! BFC, fix or do somefink!!

I have PBEM files if this is a bug. I tried both fast & compatible and the good smoke. The obstruction is completely invisible. Only the LOS tool clues the player in. Targetting lines remain in the orders phase, but if cancelled, cannot be restablished due to invisible LOS blockage.

[ November 22, 2003, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Red 6,

I replied to an email you sent me about 6-8 weeks ago, after we "met" on the TacOps List. Did you not receive it? I WAS having some fairly severe ISP probs around that time.

Send me a setup for the desert scenario if you wish. You choose the sides. Email in profile.

Type the word "whitelist" into the subject line to insure you get past my aggressive SPAM filters. You only need to do this once for each email address you use to send me turns.

Arty rounds dropping at the end of a movie are not allowed!! :D

Grog Dorosh,

Because I no longer have any files for that game, I will have to surrender; that is, unless you still have the latest file and wish to resume the game. I think anyone who maintains files from a year old PBEM deserves a Total Victory.

The choice is yours, accept this post as my formal surrender or send me that dusty old file.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Grog Dorosh,

Because I no longer have any files for that game, I will have to surrender; that is, unless you still have the latest file and wish to resume the game. I think anyone who maintains files from a year old PBEM deserves a Total Victory.

The choice is yours, accept this post as my formal surrender or send me that dusty old file.

Files I have; your email address I don't. madorosh@shaw.ca - we can pick up where we left off...

Geez, Grog Dorosh, we'll set a record for longest running PBEM game. Once I send a turn, we will have the "Longest Turnaround" record, followed shortly thereafter by the "Longest PBEM Game" and the simultaneous "Longest Time To Dorosh's Demise". I'll email you shortly.

Now, back to the invisible arty dust. Any chance we can get the graphic to appear before the turn ends? The LOS block manages to kick in. I just need the visuals to kick in too. I mean, it could be a year between files. :D How will I remember which arty rounds fell at the end of the last movie, generating the invisible LOS blocks?