Canadian Inglis/Browning Hi-Power Replacement .bmp

What's this all aboot then, eh?

Behold:

snap033.jpg

What is that in his hand, you may ask --- I certainly did. What it is not is a sidearm of any kind or description ever issued to His Majesty's loyal Canadian forces! (Actually, I think it's a Mosin-Nagant rifle, but that's neither here nor there). Not pretty.

Now, I asked myself: "What would Dorosh do?"

snap034.jpg

So, then, here we have an 9mm Inglis/Browning Hi-Power Mk I. Quite popular among British commandos, paratroopers, and oddly enough, Canadians. So much so, that it became standard issue to Canadian forces some time in 1944. (Look at the gun-rack image in CMAK interface, you'll see it there too). Very pretty.

Now, yr asking yourself, how can I get me one o' them purty shootin' irons? Go to the source of all things CMMODs, my friends!

[ December 23, 2003, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]

Originally posted by Snarker:

Think that may be a bug - BFC may be referencing the wrong BMP. Maybe you should check with them first, as replacing the BMP may make your rifle toting troops carry an elongated Hi-Power. smile.gif

Nope --- checked. At first I thought it was an Italian Carcano, but it's not. Just an errant CMBB .bmp. If you look around the CMAK BMP file, you'll find three or four others.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Actually, Dorosh would give him a .38 Smith and Wesson, as 9mm Brownings didn't come into service until November 1944 - and even then, I wonder if the units in Italy even got them at all... :D

Yes, that was the reason I originaly intended to just move over the British Webley (or is it an Enfield?) revolver into the Canuck's mittened hands.

Buuuuttt, since the Inglis was made in Canada, by Canadians, for Canadians, I decided to go with it. Bedides, there's already an auto in the gun-rack for Canadian sidearms, so I figured BFC had the Inglis in mind to begin with.